Chapter 18

"Chi, get up

"Chi, get up." I heard through a heavy fog of sleep and failed to follow the instruction, turning onto the other side of my body and burying my face deeper into the satin pillow.

I had no idea what time it was, but as I drifted back to sleep I could tell that it was still fairly dark out, so I planned to milk my sleep as much as I could. Only, someone wouldn't let me.

"Chimwemwe!" she insisted, my name sounding like a command. "I know you can hear me. Get up, come on."

"Make me." I mumbled into the pillow and stifled a yawn.

Those words were met with cold air hitting my back as Aisha pulled the warm covers of her bed off me in a swift motion and I groaned, sitting up to find her already dressed in a pair of leggings and my black hoodie, which she clearly didn't plan on giving back to me.

"Aisha," I whined through a yawn, her name almost incomprehensible, "this is abuse."

"Stop being dramatic, Chi." she smirked and threw a pillow at me. "You've already snoozed through two alarms. If you want Coach Limbi to take you off the Kitalo Blazers, then go back to sleep."

I groaned again, but actually got out of bed this time. Aisha was right, my absence at the Saturday morning practice Coach had scheduled for us was not an option. There were games to be played and won and I had to be serious.

I got off the bed and caught Aisha off guard by swiftly lifting her off the floor and holding her against me by the thighs, the sudden movement making her shriek excitedly.

I kissed her neck and the cute little flower tattoo on her shoulder as she squirmed in my arms saying, "Chi. You need to relax."

"I like all these little tattoos you've got." I shared, completely ignoring her words to kiss the A-OK♡ tattoo under her collar bone.

"This one's my favourite." she'd admitted to me earlier in the week when I asked her for a tattoo tour. "It's the typical phrase we all know, but it's also my sisters' and I's initials. It basically means everything will be alright as long as I have them by my side. Get it?"

I smiled at the memory of the moment as I kissed another one on the side of her neck, the word woman in Korean writing. All of Aisha's tattoos were so tiny, they could easily go unnoticed, but each one was intricately placed and well-thought-out. The most recent one was a tiny human heart with flowers  blooming from it on the side of her wrist. Beneath it she'd gotten her dad's year of birth finely inscribed.

"Chi, seriously? Will you kiss every single one? You'll be late." she said, pushing against my chest with her fingers spread out on me to create distance between us.

"I'll miss you this weekend." I said, earning a passionate mnchew from her.

"It's just two days." she said, giggling as I successfully pushed against her hands and placed random kisses all over her face now. "You've seen me every day since the weekend in Musomi."