Chapter 21

"Hey

"Hey. Are you mad at me?" Chi asked as soon as I opened the door. It was nearly 11 p.m. and after the day I'd had at Nella's, I just wanted to sleep the night away, not have whatever conversation this was about to be.

I let him in without saying a word and after a minute of just looking at each other silently, I moved to hug him. Chi let out a low sigh of relief when our bodies connected, and I closed my eyes, savouring the comfort I always found in his sturdy athletic arms.

"Why would I be mad at you, Chi?" I mumbled into his chest as he slowly swayed us from side to side.

"You weren't answering my calls." he said. "And you haven't read any of my texts."

I sighed and moved to the couch, dropping onto it heavily. "I turned my phone off, Chi, sorry. I don't want to stumble upon anymore articles of fake news."

"Understandable. I don't know if this information will make you feel any better, but Koffi found the main IP address that sourced all the pictures. He's managed to take most of them down. The PR manager is tying up the remaining loose ends."

"Well, I do feel a little better." I admitted. "I'll be sure to thank Koffi for his help."

Chimwemwe came over and sat next to me, his manly scent washing over me as he stretched his arm a little, his hand open and expectant. I slid my hand in his and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry about today, Aisha." he mumbled, exhaustion clearly audible in his voice.

"Chi, stop apologising." I insisted. "The real culprits are the people who invaded our privacy and put us on blast on the internet. Being famous doesn't make you any less human, and yet, people always disregard humanity for unnecessary drama. I hate that."

"I hate it too." he said. I could hear the hint of a smile in his voice as I snuggled closer to him, enjoying this moment of comfortable silence between us.

"You know what, Chi?" I said eagerly. "Today was a bust, but it doesn't have to end that way."

"Oh yeah?" he was amused, anticipation showing up on his face in the form of a huge grin. "What should we do to make it better?"

"I can think of a few things." I said with a flirty wink as I slid a hand up the subtle bulge in his pants.

He sucked in a breath and held my hand to stop my seductive movements. "You play too much, baby girl."

"Maybe so. But this is a game you're familiar with, baby boy." I said into his ear before I nipped it with my lips.

Chi swiftly hoisted me off the couch and pulled me onto his lap, his mouth immediately covering the tattoo on my collar bone as he slid a hand into my panties.

"Well, I hope you enjoy round one." he said with a sexy smirk before he captured my mouth in a sweet, sensual kiss that didn't match the playful tone of the conversation that led up to this. Not that I was complaining, I could tell from the attention he was giving my whole body that I was in for a memorable night.