Investigation of the Bloodhound of Truth

Chapter 2

Investigation of the Bloodhound of Truth

After the Chens finished up moving into their new house, the McGees decided to invite them over to their house for a barbecue. Even though they had only just known them for less than a day, Molly and her family got along with the Chens really well.

As the two families spent time together, Darryl and June were flying a drone that June created. To add to the fun, Darryl placed his pet tarantula on the drone as well.

"Looks like Heidi Harrylegs is having a blast up there!" Darryl said as he kept his eyes on the drone. "That drone you created is pretty awesome, June!"

"Thanks, Darryl!" June smiled. "You know, not everyone appreciates all of the work I put into making my gadgets. Everyone at my previous school always ended up hating my gadgets."

"Hey, it's their loss! I think those gadgets you create are pretty cool, just like you!" Darryl complimented.

June didn't know why, but she suddenly felt her face turn red in a blush. She awkwardly turned away as she decided to change the subject.

"So, what's with the girl in the trench coat?" June asked, noticing Libby hiding in the bushes.

"Oh, she's my sister's girlfriend, Libby." Darryl answered. "Guess she's not too happy with Molly hanging out with your brother."

"Well, Ollie really is a nice person, so hopefully Libby would give him a chance and become friends with him at some point." June replied.

As Libby was hiding in the bush, she began spying on all of the Chens, especially Ollie, who was currently hanging out with Molly. This didn't go unnoticed by Ollie as he was able to see her constantly glaring at him.

"Looks like your friend is still trying to get used to me." Ollie said with a nervous chuckle.

Molly soon looked over towards Libby, who backed up into the bush to stay out of sight.

"Sorry if Libby is making you feel uncomfortable." Molly apologized for her girlfriend. "She really is nice once you get to know her."

"I understand. She must really care about you a lot if she is this suspicious of me." Ollie replied.

Molly nodded. "Yes. I have been through so much with Libby."

Unable to hear what Molly and Ollie are talking about, Libby continued to spy on them, trying to find evidence that the Chens are up to something. She took out her tape recorder before she spoke into it.

"An hour in, and I'm still unable to gather any information on the Chens." Libby said. "I just have to keep observing them, especially Ollie. He is clearly up to something, and I'm going to find out what!"

"Um, hey! Nice detective attire!"

The sound of Ollie's voice startled Libby as she stumbled out of the bush, giving away her hiding spot. After recovering from her fall Libby pretended to stay calm and stood up from the ground as greeted Ollie with a fake smile.

"Oh, Ollie! Didn't see you there! Enjoying the barbecue?" Libby asked, trying not to look suspicious.

"Yeah. The barbecue is alright! So, Libby, was it? Molly told me a lot about you! She was telling me about how you have this detective persona, along with a name to go with it! What was it again? The Dog of Discovery?" Ollie guessed.

"The Bloodhound of Truth." Libby corrected, still suspicious of Ollie.

There was soon an awkward silence between Libby and Ollie. It was no secret to Ollie that Libby didn't like him too much, so he decided to make an effort to be Libby's friend.