Reign of the New Chairwoman

Chapter 12

Reign of the New Chairwoman

A couple of hours went by before Ruben and Ester finished up adding new security to the lab. With the security increased, Ruben and Ester left the lab, satisfied with their work. This didn't stop Jinx though as she was easily able to sneak through the house in Ollie's body.

One by one, Jinx gathered the various passcodes Ruben and Ester wrote down to protect the lab. With a sinister grin, Jinx used the codes to sneak her way into the lab. Here, she walked up to the containment unit that held the Frightmares before gazing at them from the glass. The Frightmares swirled around their prison, desperate to escape.

"You won't be trapped for much longer!" Jinx spoke. "Soon you will all be free and help me take over both worlds!"

Bringing her attention to one last keypad, Jinx typed in the last code. It was at that moment went Jinx heard the lock open, followed by an alarm, signaling the release of the Frightmares. This ended up catching the attention of Ruben and Ester as the two ghost hunters rushed down the lab, shocked to see what was happening.

With no time to react, all Ruben and Ester could do was watch as the Frightmares escaped from the lab and into Brighton. It was at that moment when they found Ollie near the control panel with an evil grin. They couldn't believe what they were seeing. Ollie would never do anything like freeing the ghosts.

"O-Ollie, wh-what have you done?!" Ruben struggled to speak.

"Oh, so sorry! I'm afraid that Ollie isn't here at the moment!" Jinx taunted, revealing her yellow eyes to the parents.

Upon seeing this possessed version of their son, Ruben and Ester finally understood what was happening.

"Y-You're a ghost! Who are you and what have you done to our son?!" Ester demanded.

With an evil chuckle, the possessed ghost hunter replied, "You may call me Jinx! I am currently possessing Ollie's body so I can rule over the Human World and the Ghost World! Soon, all of you humans will bow down to me as I become the new Chairwoman!"

"We won't let that happen! Give us back our son!" Ruben yelled as he and Ester grabbed a couple of blasters.

"Oh, how cute! This is exactly how Ollie reacted before I possessed him!" Jinx mocked, infuriating the two ghost hunters even more.

Desperate to save their son, Ruben and Ester fired their beams in an effort to drag Jinx out of Ollie's body. That was when Jinx summoned her scythe and blocked the beams before slashing the weapons apart with a single slice. With nothing left to stop her, Jinx made her escape, leaving Ruben and Ester alone in the lab.

"Ruben, what are we going to do? We have to save Ollie from that ghost!" said Ester.

"And we will! Go find June while I find some more ghost hunting equipment for us to use!" Ruben replied before Ester ran upstairs to find her daughter.

Little did the Chens know that June wasn't in the house with them. Instead, she was still with the McGees, waiting for Molly, Libby, and Scratch to return from the Ghost World. Throughout the wait, June started to worry for her brother. It was at that moment when June felt Darryl place a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, it's going to be okay! If I know my sister, she wouldn't give up until she saves Ollie!" Darryl assured.

"Thanks, Darryl! I appreciate it!" June smiled, grateful for Darryl making her feel better.

To calm herself down, June stood up and gazed out the window. While June looked outside, Darryl looked around Molly's room to see if there was a game he could find.