Date in the Ghost World

AN: Before I start this new chapter, I would like to thank Garguemo for giving me the idea for this chapter! I appreciate the idea, and I hope everyone enjoys this new chapter!

Chapter 9

Date in the Ghost World

It was another bright and sunny day! Normally, that kind of day would get Molly excited make her want to spend the day with her friends, but today was different. The Ghost Council decided that Molly should have some more Chairwoman training today. As much as she didn't want to go, Molly had no choice but to leave Scratch and Libby to continue her training. As Molly was ready to leave, she grabbed the Chairman's cloak before turning to her friends to say goodbye to her friends.

"Are you sure that you have to go?" Libby asked, sad to see her girlfriend leave.

"Sorry, Libby. I really do want to stay here with you and Scratch, but I'm pretty sure that the Ghost Council would lecture me again if I skip out on my training again." Molly explained.

"Not to worry, Moll! I've worked for these guys for a long time, so I'm sure you would get used to it after awhile!" Scratch tried to assure his friend.

Hearing this didn't exactly make Molly feel better, but she appreciated the attempt from Scratch. "Thanks, Scratch I'll be back soon so we can all hang out again!"

After putting on the cloak, Molly transformed into her wraith form once more. She summoned a portal as she got ready to leave for the Ghost World, unaware that Libby was planning to surprise her girlfriend by giving her a surprise hug. She ran towards Molly in a full sprint only to suddenly trip as her body tumbled through the portal. This ended up separating Libby's spirit from her body.

"Libby!" Molly gasped as she floated over to Libby's spirit. "Are you okay?"

Once she recovered, Libby gazed back at Molly confused. "I think so. What happened? Aaaah!" Libby screamed the moment she saw her body figuratively and literally staring into her soul with a pair of blank emotionless eyes. "I-Is that my body?"

"It looks like you are in your ghost form again, Libby." Scratch noticed. "It was thanks to your clumsiness that you got separated from your body in the first place."

"Wow!" Libby stared at her ghost-like hands. "I never thought I would be a spirit again."

It was at that moment when Molly suddenly thought of an idea. "Hey, Libby! Since you can technically enter the Ghost World now, how would you like to join me in exploring the Ghost World?"

"I actually really like that idea! I can learn a lot about the Ghost World from our visit! Not to mention that I can spend the day with you, Sunshine!"

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go, Ahuvati!" Molly led Libby to the portal.

Right before she left, Libby turned towards Scratch and asked, "And Scratch? Can you keep an eye on my body to make sure it doesn't go anywhere?"

"Relax, you're body will be fine! Have fun on your date with Molly and make sure to bring her back before dark!" Scratch joked as he waved goodbye.

Once Molly and Libby floated through the portal, Scratch was left alone with Libby's body, who was staring at him with complete indifference. Feeling uncomfortable, Scratch tried to think of a way to break the awkward silence.

"So, do you want to do something?" Scratch asked.

"It doesn't matter." Libby's body replied with little emotion in her voice.

With Molly and Libby gone, Scratch now realized how quiet it is in the house. "You know, you are way less annoying than the actual Libby."

"I don't care." Libby's body replied.