Good and Evil

Another tough week at school went by before Molly and Libby decided to hang out at Ollie's house. After all the weeks they got to know the Chens, this was the first time Molly and Libby got to visit the Chens' house. They obviously couldn't bring Scratch along, but he didn't really care that much, anyway.

Once they were ready, Molly and Libby made their way to the Chens' house. They knocked on the door before being greeted by Ruben and Ester.

"Molly! Libby! It's so good to see you two!" Ruben smiled.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Chen! Is Ollie home?" Molly asked.

"Of course! He should be in his room right now!" Ester explained before calling out for her son. "Ollie, your friends are here!"

"Coming, Mom!" Ollie called from his room.

At that moment, the Chens let Molly and Libby in the house. As Molly and Libby looked around, they felt that it looked like a normal house. It was kind of hard for them to believe that this is a place where ghost hunters with high tech gadgets live at.

"So, what do you think of the place?" Ruben asked.

"It looks nice, Mr. Chen!" Libby said, admiring the house. "I can see why you would want to move to this house!"

"Yes, Brighton is a nice place to live at, especially when you live next to wonderful neighbors like the McGees!" Ester commented.

It wasn't long before Ollie walked into the living room. He looked over towards Molly and Libby and gave a wave, happy to see his friends.

"Hey, Molly! Hey, Libby! I'm glad that you two can come over!"

"Hi, Ollie! It's good to see you!" Molly smiled.

Happy for her son, Ester said, "I'm so glad that Ollie has wonderful friends like you two! If you are still friends with him in the near future, perhaps you might consider in being ghost hunters with him."

That was when Molly and Libby remembered that Ollie's parents still don't like ghosts. This ghost hunting stuff has gone on long enough, so Molly tried to convince Ruben and Ester that ghosts aren't as bad as they think.

"Actually, Mrs. Chen I don't think Libby and I will ever hunt ghosts. In fact, I think it might be better if we just befriend ghosts! They might actually be really nice!" Molly explained.

Ruben simply laughed in response. "Befriending ghosts? Good one, Molly! Everyone knows that there's no such thing as a nice ghost!"

"I'm not joking! Ghosts really can be nice if you give them a chance!"

This time, it was Ester's turn to laugh. "Oh, Molly! You are starting to sound a lot like Ollie! He likes to be positive and look on the bright side of things too! Considering how much you two have in common, I can't help but imagine what it would have been like if you ended up being his girlfriend!" Ester joked.

Annoyed with his mom, Ollie covered his face in embarrassment. "Mom, can you please just stop! Molly has a girlfriend, and she's right over here!" Ollie gestured towards Libby.

Ruben soon broke the awkward silence as he said, "Okay! Let's not embarrass our son anymore, Ester! Don't forget that we still need to get some more materials for our new ghost hunting equipment! Ollie, are you fine with looking after the house for awhile as your mom and I shop for supplies?"

After getting over his embarrassment, Ollie nodded. "Yeah, Dad! We'll be fine!"

"Alright! We'll be back in about an hour!" Ruben waved goodbye before leaving with his wife.