Chapter 2: Super Happy Crazy Fun Time Japan

So there Inara sat. Next to Cody, watching as her 'older sister' raided his stuff. Courtney and Heather gave her some snide comment about Inara being there, to which Inara responded with "You think I want me to be here either!?"

Cody leaned over. "How do you survive with her?"

Inara shrugged. "Avoid her as much as possible. Which isn't much, but still,"

In the middle of Sierra's racoon-in-a-dumpster-ing, Inara saw it as a perfect opportunity to sneak back to economy. She bid goodbye to Cody, a far less friendly one to Gwen, Heather, and Courtney, and almost ran back to her team.

It didn't take long for Sierra to realise her darling little sister was missing. Cody tried to cover for Inara by saying she was in the bathroom, but Heather told Sierra the truth, that Inara had gone back to economy class.

Sierra huffed and went to go get her.

"What was that for!?" Cody asked Heather. "Inara's clearly trying to get away from her!"

Heather rolled her eyes. "Oh please, who cares? It's just two newbies that have no idea how this game works. And especially Inara, she's the worst,"

Sierra came back, carrying a now-asleep Inara. She laid her down with her head on Cody's lap.

"There we go. I know you can keep her safe. Right Codykins?"

Cody gulped. "Right,"

Noah was pretty pissed.

He had wanted to talk to Inara for the duration of the plane ride. Justified, right?

Well apparently not! Sierra interrupted both times he tried! It was so irritating!

Inara's discomfort when around Sierra was clear as day. Sierra must have been blinder than Owen on an empty stomach to not notice. It was infuriating! Let Inara have a little time with Noah, please and fuck you!

After Sierra carried Inara off for the second time, Noah knew for certain that she was going to be a problem.

Sierra had to go.

Noah sat drowning in a pool of his own anger for a few hours. Until Inara came running back out of first class.

She ducked behind a terrified-of-flying Owen. "Hide me! Please!"

Sierra came skipping into the room. "Has anyone seen Inara?" She asked.

Everyone, after seeing Inara's earlier distress, shook their head.

Sierra sighed sadly and slouched over. "Aww," She turned around and left. "Cody-Wody! It's just us now!"

Noah heard Cody's groan.

He leaned over and whispered. "It's safe now,"

Inara peaked out from behind Owen. "Really?"

Noah nodded. Inara's face lit up and she quickly moved to sit next to him.

To Noah's surprise, he was soon enveloped in a hug, courtesy of Inara. He hesitantly hugged back, not too sure what to do.

Inara's grip on his was tight, but not suffocating. Feeling her touch made him feel...well...warm.

As Inara pulled away, Noah felt all of the warmth he had leave his body, rendering him impossibly cold.

"Thank you so much!" Inara gushed, endlessly grateful. "I've been trying to get some time away from her for as long as I can remember!"

Noah smiled. "Glad to be of service,"

Inara grinned back, and a bit of warmth returned to Noah's body.