Chapter 4: Broadway, Baby!

Being in first class when your meant to was much better than being in first class because your 'older sister' dragged you there.

Inara's head was fuzzy. She wasn't sure if it was because of barely escaped hypothermia, or if something was happening with her memory.

If it was the latter, that was extremely worrying. Could it be a side-effect of what happened to her? A dead sign that she wasn't supposed to be there?

She was starting to remember things from her childhood that weren't from her real childhood. She could tell because they involved Sierra, albeit younger and less crazy over Cody.

Was this the end? Was she really becoming Sierra's younger sister?

Inara slept underneath the heaters for most of the plane ride. She was cold, tired, and pissed. A feeling of betrayal hung in her stomach, and it probably wasn't going to magically go away.

Noah had left her behind. That was what she was upset about. She was upset because he had left her with Sierra. On purpose.

Maybe it was petty, but Inara didn't care. Until she got a formal apology for leaving her to drown from Noah in person she was mad.

She saw Owen crush Noah but didn't say anything. Karma for leaving her behind.

If Inara was honest, the main reason she slept so much was so that she didn't cry. The sick feeling of betrayal was causing tears to well up in her eyes, and she did not want to cry while on Total Drama. Nope, no thank you.

Everyone else enjoyed the luxuries first class provided. Alejandro and Tyler ate some actually good porridge. Izzy relaxed (for once) with a back massage. Owen slept tied up on the couch. Noah was crushed underneath Owen's weight all night. Everyone agreed – it was so much nicer than economy.

Alejandro kept an eye on Inara the entire time, just to make sure she didn't start freezing again. Fortunately, the heaters proved extremely effective.

In economy class, Cody was stuck with Sierra. She was rubbing her hands along his legs to warm him up. "Now whenever you get cold feet, you'll think of me,"

"No kidding!"

After Alejandro's gifting of snacks to the losers, Heather asked "How's Inara in first class? I bet she's just loving the new experience," Her voice dripped with enough sarcasm and malice to kill a person.

"My dearest comrade is currently asleep underneath the heaters," Alejandro remained civil. "Spending at least 10 minutes in freezing cold water almost killed her from hypothermia,"

Heather went pale. Sierra gasped. "Is she okay? Is my darling Inara-Wara okay?"

Alejandro's eye twitched. "Inara will be perfectly fine. Nothing a lot of heat can't fix,"

Sierra sat down to sulk next to Cody as Alejandro took his leave. Heather glared after him.

"Well, that was interesting," Cody said.

"Shut up Cody,"

"Hey! Don't talk to Codykins like that!"

Soon, everyone was on a boat, awaiting the moment that they would get dropped into the water below.

Inara ended up next to Noah. He tried to talk to her, but she huffed and turned away.

"Why are you wearing a life jacket?" Courtney asked.

"Because there's fourteen of you, and only one valuable me." Chris said. "Hit it Chef!"

The floor disappeared from under the boat, causing it to fall and land in the lake.