Chapter 5: Slap Slap Revolution

"Does she have to be everywhere we are?"

"I don't know, maybe? I wouldn't be surprised,"

Heather and Courtney were, of course, talking about Inara. She was supposed to be in first class, but instead she sat in economy sharing her candy reward with Cody. They were taking about what kind they liked the best as they shoved Inara's into their mouths.

"Well, she does have an obsessed older sister," Courtney said. "Maybe Sierra's forcing her to be here,"

Heather huffed. "Duh. Inara's too brain-dead to come here herself,"

For some reason, that made Courtney angry.

Up in first class, Noah was looking out the window. His thoughts were higher in the sky than the plane was.

Noah wasn't sure exactly what it was about Inara that drew him to her, but he wasn't exactly complaining. His parents had always talked about how he couldn't be lonely forever. Noah had always disagreed and told them to watch him. It was always going to be just him, himself, and him.

Now he wasn't as sure.

It felt like he couldn't live without Inara. He felt his heart getting metaphorically ripped out of his chest whenever she wasn't around, even though the heart had nothing to do with emotions at all. It was a pain that Noah didn't even know existed.

Would it get worse once Total Drama was over, or when one of them was booted?

Watching Inara leave for Team Amazon had been sad, especially because most of the team members didn't like her at all. How badly had they screwed up if she didn't want to be with the people who actually enjoyed her company?

Alejandro shared similar feelings with his teammate. He certainly hadn't expected to fall in love during the show. He wanted the money, but now he found himself wanting someone else to.

This wasn't a development Alejandro had prepared for. It made it harder to enact his plan when he had a loyalty like no other to Inara, but he would have to work around it. However challenging that may be.

The money had always been his main goal, but...

Alejandro spared a quick glace Noah's way. He was still looking out the window. Alejandro's eyebrows furrowed. Noah was clearly his biggest rival. It was obvious that he like Inara to, and that was unacceptable.

It seemed Cody was also becoming a threat. That was annoying.

"Hey, are those the Alps?" Noah asked, pointing out the window.

Sure enough, the mountains were right outside.

"The German Alps to be more specific," Inara entered first class, holding a half-empty bag on candy, with a full one on her shoulder. "We're about to land in Germany!" She walked up to Noah and stuck her hand out. "Guten Morgan. Wie geht's?"

Noah grinned. Seems she was in a good mood. "Es geht. Und du?"

"Wunderbar! Danke!"

Inara slid into the seat next to him, smiling.

"Um, what was that?" Owen asked. "Do you speak German? That was German right?"

"Ja!" Then Inara slouched. "Aber...Ich spreche kein Deutsch,"

"Okay, I didn't get that," Noah said, still grinning. "What was that?"

"But...I don't speak German," Inara translated. "However I am learning it on Duolingo!"

Noah blinked owlishly at her. "What the hell is Duolingo?"

Inara's eyes widened as she realised her mistake, and she didn't respond.