03

𝑺𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒏𝒆, 𝒆𝒑 𝟑

The game had ended and the Ravens had won. Lucas made the game winning shot and he couldn't be more ecstatic. Maya walked out of the changing rooms and ran up to Lucas before jumping on his back.

"You were great you know that." Maya smirked as Lucas walked up to Keith and Karen, Maya still on his back. Lucas high-fived Keith.

"You rock." Keith smiled and Maya nodded her head in agreement.

"Thanks, Uncle Keith." Lucas replied before

he hugged his mom. Maya jumped off his

back and smiled at Karen.

"For a kid that was about to quit, that was something to see. Keith smiled and Maya nodded her head enthusiastically.

"But I picked up fouls too early, and I was slow getting back into it. " Lucas moaned and Maya scoffed.

"Shut up, loser." Maya laughed as she hugged Lucas's side.

"Okay I'll meet you at the burning boat thingy" Maya said making Lucas nod, to her walking away.

**

Maya met back up with Haley and Lucas at the burning boat.

"Come one, come all, to the Tree Hill annual Burning Boat festival. Burn your bad karma, bad luck, or bad choices and start anew. We'll be collecting items all week. Nothing is too big, too small, too tragic, or too trivial..." The announcer shouted as the three teenagers walked through the markets.

"Nice game, Lucas." One boy said and Lucas smiled smugly Maya rolled her eyes.

"Hey, thanks." as he replied humbly.

"You are just blowing up." Haley laughed and Lucas began to become smug.

"Well, yeah, man I'm a big star now. You
better hope I keep you both around." Lucas stated cockily and both Haley and Maya scoffed.

"You know, I'm gonna try not to lose sleep over that, thanks." Haley scoffed and Maya nodded her head in agreement.

"You couldn't lose me." Maya laughed and Lucas nodded his head in agreement.

"So, last night, I'm watching Scandinavian week on the history channel, and I-" Haley began to say before Lucas laughed.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because... blonde Viking guys are hot." Haley laughed like it was obvious. Maya nodded her head in agreement.

"Anyway, this whole Burning Boat thing is a total rip-off of a Viking funeral." Haley replied and Maya thought that was cool, she was a bit of a nerd. "Did you know that?"  Haley asked and then Brandon walked up to them.

"You know, you're the bomb." Brandon exclaimed and Lucas smiled at him.

"Thanks." Lucas said and Brandon just continued to look over Haley. Brandon handed his test over to Maya

"Check it out!" Brandon exclaimed, Haley looked at Lucas and laughed a little.

"B+! Brandon, all right! You did it!" Haley exclaimed smiling down at the paper.