07

𝑺𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒑 𝟕

Nathan and Maya were sitting at a table studying when Nathan got frustrated. Maya smiled at his cuteness.

"Oh, this is so stupid. What-why do we have to study history anyway?" Nathan asked groaning, Maya thought for a millisecond before replying.

"So we don't do it again." Maya joked around.

"What?" Nathan chuckled as Maya laughed.

Maya smiled at him, "Look, don't lose hope, okay? Tomorrow's a teacher work day so you've got a three-day weekend to study."

"Minus my dad's annual kiss-his-ass jamboree." Nathan replied sighing, he looked at the brunette in front of him, "Hey, I would invite you, m, but it's kind of a b-ball crowd."

The annual jamboree Dan Scoot throws every year is an annual party for the basketball players who have to attend, cheerleaders and parents attend too. In order to go to the party you have to be invited by the Scott family, be someone's plus one, be a cheerleader or be in the basketball team.

Since Maya is neither a cheerleader, parent or basketball player she isn't going but Mark is going with Haley as his plus-one. Their aunt were out of town once again for their job so they won't get the chance to attend. Lucas and Maya decided to just stay in and
hang out just like they used to, minus Haley

"I wouldn't want to kiss your dad's ass anyway." Maya shook off, and looked through her folder, pulling out a piece of paper and gave it to Nathan before she grabbed the small box she made for him, "I made you a study guide and everything you need to ace your history exam and this little box of tricks here has, No-doz, eye drops and number two pencils "

Nathan observed the small metal box that Maya placed on top of the table surface as she smiled at him. "Why don't you just text message me the answers."

"Nope. So just give me a call if you need anything, okay?" Maya said, grabbing her bag from the floor and lifted herself up from her seat.

She made brief eye-contact with him, "Thank you for cutting Lucas some slack."

"A deal's a deal, right?"

"Right." Maya nodded, looking at him one last time and smiled. The Gracia girl turned around to exit the library, leaving him alone. Oblivious to the fact that Nathan turned his head to look at the brunette walking away and softly shook his head and smiled.

**

The day of the Jamboree was here and Maya noticed Haley dressed in a white dress. She smiled at her friend, who came to the house so she and Mark could go straight to the Scott household. Haley didn't want to go one bit but  promised to stay by her side all night

"You look so beautiful." Maya smiled at her friend, before hugging her.

" Thanks for understanding, after everything happened" Maya her shook her head.

"I just want you to be happy. You and Mark"

Haley nervously chuckled, "Thanks. Not going to lie, I really don't want to go."

"You will be fine." Maya assured her friend, putting on her jacket, "Well, I'm going to head out. Tell me all about it tomorrow?"