Housewarming - Chapter 1.3

At the moment, me and my dorm-mate, Hikigaya, are at Keyaki Mall, looking for things to put in our dorm room. According to Hiratsuka-sensei, one "double dorm room" was about two and a half times bigger than a single dorm room. With this much space, we were definitely going to have to put in some extra effort to furnish it and make our room look good.

Me and Hikigaya were looking to spend about 75,000 CP each. I was looking for actual furnishings like chairs, a rug, bookshelves, and a dining table. Hikigaya would be looking for techy things like our microwave, a TV for the living room, a DVD player, and 1 computer we would both pay for. Of course with my limited knowledge of the outside world, I was going to have to ask for some input. As it turned out, Hikigaya has a limited knowledge of furniture too, according to him, "My mom always took care of that kind of stuff, I have no clue what we should do."

It just so happened that me and Hikigaya had the same idea: Bring a female in order to judge our furniture. Unlike Hikigaya though I... didn't have a female readily at my disposal, like he did with Yukinoshita. Because of this, I decided to pick the next female I knew.

"That rug would look terrible, Ayanokouji-kun, put it back."

Remind me why I thought this was a good idea?

"Are you sure Horikita? I mean it looks pretty cool."

"Uh... no it doesn't. It looks as if you've already spilled something on it." Horikita said.

"How about this one, Ayanokoji-kun? It's just a plain gray color, and it's pretty big for 10,000 points."

She was right. According to the measurements Hiratsuka-sensei gave us, this would cover a decent bit of floor in our living room.

"Alright, I'll get that one."

Next up was the bookshelf. Since it was going to be hard to get a big bookshelf all the way back to the dorm, I figured it would be easier overall to get one that we can put together later.

"Just plain white, Ayanokoji-kun?"

"That would be ideal. I also want one that comes in a box, not one that is prebuilt."

Horikita looked at me with an astounded look on her face, like I had made fun of her or something.

"Are you being serious?" She asked me.

"Why wouldn't I be serious?"

Horikita looked down and started rubbing her forehead. "They don't even sell prebuilt ones here. How do you expect students to get them back to their dorms?"

Ah, the White Room fails again.

After picking out a bookshelf that would suit both me and Hikigaya, I received a call on my phone.

"Hey. I've got a question."

"Yeah?"

"What if I just got a PS4 instead of a DVD player? It's got a blu-ray compatible disc drive and it would save us some points since I was going to a get console anyways."

"That's a good idea. How much is it?"

"35,000 Points"

"Alright, I'll pay half if that's fine with you."

"Sure, sounds good to me."

"Get some games too, I want to try it out as soon as possible."

"Gotcha. What kind of games do you prefer?"

"I've never played any before, it's up to you."

"Are you seriou-"  I heard a deep sigh over the phone. "Well, whatever. How's the shopping going with Horikita-san?"

"It's going good, we're almost done. All that's left is the couch. How big should I get it?"

"Well, we can probably expect that everyone from Class-E will all be together in our room atleast once, so let's get a couch that has 4 seats. I already checked out our room, it's big enough for more way than a couch."

"Okay, that's fine but... How do we get the couch to the dorm?"

"Dude..."

"What?"

I heard another loud sigh come out of the phone. "We have to have them deliver it. Our room number is 702 Building 1. Just have Horikita-san handle it."

"Oh, okay, got it. Well, I'm going to go pick out the couch. I'll meet you back at the dorm when I'm done so we can wait for the delivery people."

"Okay, I'm also almost done so I'm gonna go checkout. Don't forget, room 702 Building 1, I'll text it to you."

"Okay, talk to you later." I pressed the button that hangs up the call.

"Did you guys seriously buy a game console?"

"Yeah, it was cheaper than a DVD player, since Hikigaya was going to get a console anyway."

"Alright, let's go deal with these couches."

******

After placing an order for a nice, 4 seat, white couch, a white, 5 section bookshelf, and a big grey rug, a nice, brown, build-it-yourself dining room table, some pots and pans, silverware, half of a game console, dish towels, and bath towels, I had spent 105,457 CP.
Now, it was time to bring it all back home.

Authors Note,

Hey, how's it going? As you can see, it seems like Ayanokoji and Hikigaya are getting along just fine. It took a bit longer than a month to write this chapter, but it's schools fault, I swear. Earlier this month, I officially put my other work, Anti-Social Social Group, on hiatus. At this point in time, I will be focusing all of my energy as an author towards this fic.

As always, thank you all for reading.

-MyHairIsBlack.