𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟭

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
[Y/N]'s POV

      In the days that followed the revelation of my pregnancy, a new sense of hope and anticipation filled the air. Hailee and I began discussing our future as parents, making plans and imagining what our life would be like with a little one in the mix. However, as the weeks went by, I couldn't shake a growing concern that gnawed at my heart.

      One evening, while we were sitting in the quiet of our home, I decided it was time to share my worry with Hailee. I knew it was a difficult conversation to have, but it was one that needed to happen.

"Hails," I began, my voice tinged with uncertainty, "I've been thinking a lot about our child's future lately."

      Hailee turned to me with a warm smile. "Me too, babe. It's going to be a whole new adventure."

      I nodded, my fingers nervously tracing patterns on my lap. "I know, but there's something that's been bothering me. I'm afraid that our child might end up getting involved in... in the Mafia business, just like you were."

      Hailee's expression shifted, her brow furrowing slightly as she processed my words. She understood my concerns, but her connection to the Mafia business ran deep, rooted in a longstanding family tradition.

"[Y/N], you know this life, this business, it's all I've ever known," Hailee replied, her voice tinged with a hint of defensiveness. "It's been a part of my family for over 60 years, and I've worked hard to build something I can be proud of. I want our child to carry on that legacy."

      My heart sank as I heard Hailee's response. I had hoped for a more understanding reaction, but it was clear that Hailee had strong feelings about our child's future in the Mafia, viewing it as a family affair that spanned generations.

"I understand that, Hailee," I said softly, "but I also want our child to have choices, to be able to follow their own path. I don't want them to feel trapped or forced into something they may not want."

      Hailee sighed, her gaze dropping to the floor. "I've always imagined my child taking over when I retire, continuing the family legacy. It's what my family has done for generations."

      Tension hung in the air as our differing perspectives clashed. I wanted our child to have freedom and choice, while Hailee saw the Mafia business as a tradition to be upheld, something deeply ingrained in her family's history.

"I just want what's best for our child," I said, my voice filled with emotion. "I want them to grow up in a safe and loving environment, away from the dangers and complexities of this world."

      Hailee finally looked up, her eyes meeting mine with a mixture of sadness and determination. "And I want them to understand the importance of family and loyalty, to know their roots, just like I have."

      The silence that followed was heavy, the gap between our viewpoints seeming insurmountable. We both cared deeply for our child's future, but our visions were at odds, with Hailee's family legacy in the Mafia business serving as a significant point of contention.

"Hailee, seriously," I began once more, my voice filled with a sense of urgency, "I'm genuinely afraid of what might happen to our child if they get involved in the Mafia business. The risks, the dangers..."

       Hailee's expression tightened, and I could see her frustration mounting. "And I can't ignore the importance of this family legacy, [Y/N]. It's what my family has dedicated their lives to for over 60 years."

      I sighed, the weight of our disagreement pressing down on me. "I know it's important to you, Hailee. But I can't help but think about what's best for our child's well-being."