Hide and Seek

*Hawkeye's PoV*

I hear the door click shut and groan inwardly. I really don't feel good. Hayate barks loudly and I shove my face into the pillow, trying to block out the noise and get some more sleep. Pausing, I shudder at the thought of my nightmares last night.

Someone was chasing me. Someone I knew. I had been running from the fire, until suddenly I hit a wall. Turning to the left and right, I could see that there were walls closing in on me. I couldn't run towards him; that would be counterproductive. I squished myself against the wall and prayed that I was invisible. Instead, the person grabbed my wrists and pressed them against the wall. I screamed and woke up.

My stomach growls, no, gurgles. I groan again and push myself out of bed.

Ten minutes later, I flush the toilet and turn to the sink. It tastes bad.

Sorry, I had to skip that part.

Ahem. My stomach tried to leave me via mouth.

Sighing loudly, I clear a path as much as I can from the bathroom to the couch. I remember reading somewhere that ginger ale was a good thing to drink for this...situation. Luckily, he has some in the fridge. I pour some into a cup and take it back to the couch, half sitting, half dropping onto it. The remote for the TV is sitting on the armrest, and I pick it up and turn on the TV.

A news broadcaster shows up on the screen, and I'm about to change the channel when a map pops up on the screen.

A map of THIS area.

I turn the volume up and listen carefully. "...people in this area shown on screen. So far, there have been five victims of this serial killer, who seems to be in some sort of search. The killer is..."

Any ginger ale in my mouth leaves before I can swallow. "Wha....?" I shake my head and reach down to pick up Hayate, only to realize that I spit on him by accident. Oops.

I turn the TV off and get up to get some more soda.

Shf...

"Huh?" I turn around, knowing that that wasn't me. "Hello?"

More footsteps. Then the front door is closed.

"Roy?" I put the bottle down and step into the hallway. No one is there. "Hello?"

No answer.

I gulp and feel my heart rate increase. "This isn't funny...."

Hugging my shoulders, I walk back towards his room. "You're scaring me..."

Someone throws a knife at my shoulder. I duck just in time. The blade cuts through the top of my shoulder. I whimper slightly and start running towards the bathroom, my thoughts racing.

Brynn Athenns, fifteen. Female. Tends to remove the arms of victims.

Five victims in this area...

A sharp female laugh echos through the house. I shudder and start rummaging through the cabinets, searching for a roll of bandages or even some gauze.

"Wanna play?"

Something drops and breaks, spreading pink liquid on the floor. I lower my hand to my shoulder and place in on the wound. Ow.

Slowly, I turn my head to the doorway, seeing the girl standing there, grinning, holding the knife. She has short blond hair and two balck ribbons in her hair. I close my eyes and turn around, shivering. "G-go away..."

I am truly scared. No, terrified. How would you feel if a psychotic girl came into your house trying to rip your arms off?

"Of course you do!" She steps out of the doorjamb and motions for me to pass, which I do. Gladly. I run towards my bedroom and open the door.