Nervously

*Roy's PoV and JUST Roy's PoV. I might do the switching again if the story lasts this long. I'm thinking of wrapping it up here though.*

"What am I going to do?!!"

I stare at Riza and wince, pushing one hand against my wound. The world is spinning.

Actually, it has been for a while now.

It's amazing I'm even able to keep my balance.

I slam against the wall. I think maybe I've gotten too used to this.

Shuddering, I turn to look at the cut. I can't see it through my shirt. I wipe my hand on my pants.

I lean my head on Riza's shoulder. This close, I can hear her breathing, if only a little. Thank god.

I sigh and wait. Waiting for the ambulance.

***

I open my eyes in a hospital. I must have blacked out.

A nurse is in the corner. She pushes a few buttons and turns to me. "Oh. You're awake."

I nod slowly.

"You were, um, talking in your sleep."

"I was?!"

She nods. "Calling out someone's name."

I think I know who.

"I think we have someone here named 'Riza.'"

So she made it.

"Uh, Riza Hawkeye I think."

"Can I see her?!" I feel really excited and I want to just go into her room. I want to talk to her.

"Well, I don't see why not, considering we're in the same room."

IDIOT.

"I didn't realize..oops."

Riza sits up in her bed and smiles. I'm glad to see she has both arms. Very glad.

The nurse leaves, saying "You're probably hungry. I'll get some food." We are left alone.

"Were you that worried?"

"Huh?" I turn in her direction and notice that she is looking at the sheets.

"Were you that worried about me?"

"Um..yes." Suddenly I feel very nervous.

"Why?"

"Why am I being interrogated?"

She looks away, nervous as well. Why is she behaving so...strange?

I swing my legs off the side of the bed and walk across the room. "What's gotten into you? You're acting really weird."

"It's nothing." She continues to stare away from me, seemingly unable to look at me. The tips of her ears are bright red.

...No way.

Gently I grab her chin in my hand and turn it towards me. "What are you trying to say?"

She sighs. "Roy, I don't have to tell you."

She isn't meeting my gaze.

"I think I know."

"What?! Huh?! How do you-" She's cut off because at that point I kiss her. She's blushing; I can feel it.

I pull away slowly. "Well?"

She rests her head on my shoulder. "Damn you."

I laugh. "Hey..."

She laughs as well, and in the end, we just sit quietly, happily.

I could get used to this.