12] Red Handed

It was past midnight as Haseena and Karishma travelled through hide outs and roads where they couldn't be seen by a soul. It was more due to Karishma's concern than Haseena's to be completely out of sight. The lack of car made the travel ten times slower.

They had informed the chief about all that had conspired, who too had reached back the base from his important meeting with the ministers. His reaction though was too light than they had expected to be.

" Chief didn't even scold me. I am having a bad feeling about this. "  Haseena mumbled getting frustrated and deviating towards the main road from the sidewalk. Karishma dragged her inside, bringing her back on the pavement, away from the glow of the street lights, not giving much attention to what she was blabbering. 

" It's past 3am K. Nobody's gonna shoot me now. " 

" Ya! But I can't trust you running away again to some place unknown. "  Karishma replied equally angered. They both actually were exhausted. It had been a long day. Stopping to a halt they both gave each other another an annoying look before starting to walk again.

They were like two children, connected by soul, there for each other whenever in need, but didn't back off from fighting wild too, for particularly the worst reasons of all. Two cute kidos were they ;)

" Now we will know what more adventurous had happened behind us that the Cheif wasn't shocked enough from our story! "  Karishma said as they reached their base and swiftly got into the secret undergroud elevator that only they and their team members knew existed, below the series of these beautiful houses. 

" Oh so you were listening! "  Haseena chided to which Karishma rolled her eyes, chuckling inwards on their banter becoming more and more child like as the time flew. The amusement though left her heart as the door of the elevator opened to their usual base. There was pin drop silence while the chief was sitting at his chair with his head bent in his hands. 

Karishma and Haseena looked at each other before entering inside and seeing the silent crowd of their team. Everybody's faces were stupefied and shocked. Moreover, Mira had a bandage on the side of her head. There had been a fight! 

" What the freaking hell happened! "  Haseena questioned while Karishma inhaled deeply a good amount of air inside her lungs. She observed that out of everyone Krish wasn't present in the group. Her head made inumerable calculations trying to guess what might have happened.

" A break in. Misunderstanding? Raid. Did the chief get fired? Oh god it could be anything. "  Karishma's mind kind of got overloaded with the possibilities of what might have transpired. Now only the chief could tell them about why were they all so sad. 

" Would anyone tell or NOT! "  Haseena shouted. Karishma looked at her, understanding that she too was catching on the vibe of something really awful happening. That was the reason she was clearly losing all her patience to wait for somebody to speak. 

With heavy footsteps, chief came forward and requested in as soft a voice as he could, " Please don't react too quickly but... " 

" But what Chief? You are making me afraid now. " Haseena said controlling her high pitch voice but disturbed enough to make everyone present in the room feel the weight of her emotions. It was clearly a news which was going to impact Haseena the most. That was completely clear. 

" Haseena... Krish... " 

" Kirsh? What happened to him! Is he fine. Hn.. " 

The concern. The breathlessness. The worry. Made it all the more difficult for chief to voice what was the truth. His eyes grew red as he placed his hand on Haseena's shoulder and got the courage to say what he had to say. 

" Krish had been involved with the CABROs Haseena. "

Haseena's face went pale. Her heart beat almost stopped for a second. She stared bankly in the air, not getting at all about how in the world was that possible. Her heart broke upto a level she couldn't even feel it anymore. 

The numbness but then turned into rage. She simply cannot believe that such a thing was possible. That her homie, her mate, could ever betray her! It simply wasn't possible. 

" Do you even know WHAT ARE YOU SAYING! " Haseena lost the control of her pitch. She lost any sense of control her body ever had the ability of. Cheif held her strongly by the shoulders, trying to withhold the agony she was vibrating off this behaviour. 

" He could never do it. HE COULD NEVER EVER DO IT! " 

" STOP IT Haseena! Stop it. "  Cheif ordered in his form, making Haseena shut up. Still though, she defended her friend. She couldn't believe that Krish could ever want her death. They were the best of friends. He was the one with whom she had completed her training. They had been to their very first mission together. He and only he knew about the deepest secrets of her life. How could he do so! He just couldn't. 

" See chief! There is definitely some misunderstanding. He is not even capable of thinking bad of me. He could never do this! Just NO. " 

" He did Haseena. But he did. He gave the access to CABROs of the core database. He leaked our mission information to Gaurav. He sent you and Karishma to that death threat location. He helped Santu get information of the CABROs on their command! Because they wanted us to know that they were attacking.... He even attacked MIRA when she joined all the dots!.... He did. 

I know..... I know it's hurting but.... He did. " 

Haseena went in a trance like situation. She looked at the injured head of Mira and felt it impossible to have happened. Closing her eyes she tried to make some sense of the situation. But she couldn't. The only way she thought she could make any sense of anything was from meeting Krish himself. 

" Where is he kept. " She asked slowly, not wanting to hint at having the heart of meeting him in person. For she knew that she would never get the formal permission of the same. She was going to break in. 

" Cell No. G3. He would be handed over to one of the toughest jails tomorrow. His action is completely beyond forgiveness. He will be under tight secu.... " Cheif hadn't even completed providing the information before which Haseena took out his ID card from his drawer and ran towards the cell no. G3.

Everybody watched her shocked.

" NO. NO. NO. You can't do it Haseena! What are you guys staring at. Stop her! "

The chief shouted. Out of everyone, Karishma rushed first, to stop and not let Haseena do anything stupid.......