Backstory/March 4, 2020

Edward's POV:

Ok, what I told them is the most convoluted thing Emily and I ever said, and Emily kept it in the dark because she thought the other engines could say it was nonsense.... But it happened to be the reason why Emily was so concerned about the smuggling... In 2018, the Stirling Single had two visions that would occasionally come back to her dreams in the months following. The first of which was a dream about what would happen to Sodor at a future date. What she remembered was the Island of Sodor in chaos, engines escaping or trying to escape something, and then it would change to a handful of engines on an island unknown to them. I tried asking her the next morning, but she denied having such dreams. But a little over a month later, she had another dream... First Emily was in the middle of a mountain area when she saw an engine surrounded by golden steam. Rebecca asked who that engine was, and James almost immediately said "That's Lady!", I told Rebecca that I would explain Lady later, and I then continued the story. Emily asked her about the previous dream and what could cause those events to happen. Lady only blew golden steam around Emily. While the steam surrounded Emily, Lady explained that Emily's situation was similar to a ghost of Christmas Past situation, Emily was confused, but before she could ask further, the mountains were replaced with a purple void. Emily could only see two figures in the void. Percy then interrupted, saying that nothing made sense. I told him to be quiet before I continued. Emily was about to ask who she was looking at, and Lady replied, saying that maybe they should go somewhere else. Lady's steam soon sent the two engines into what looked to be a temple. From there, Emily saw purple crystals grow everywhere around her as a massive crystal in the middle emerged from what looked to be a pedestal. Lady explained that the being in the Crystal was a malevolent force known as the Overlord, and he intends to plunge the world into darkness...

 Lady explained that the being in the Crystal was a malevolent force known as the Overlord, and he intends to plunge the world into darkness

Gordon then perked up, asking about the other figure. Emily explained everything else: that the other figure was a young woman with white hair who would later become the Overlord's third right hand, and that the smuggled goods were, in fact, Vengestone from an abandoned mine from hundreds of years ago. James then asked about there being three right hands. I explained that the white-haired person wasn't the only one who would become the Overlord's right hand. I was about to bring up Garmadon when James beat me to it. Emily asked how he knew, and James said that he saw it on TV while he was at Knapford Station in 2012 but thought it was just a TV show. Gordon then asked how I found out. Emily said that after the second dream, I asked her about these dreams. Emily was hesitant but realized that I was concerned about her and came clean about everything. The other four engines stood in shock. We apologized for hiding such a big secret for so long. Percy and Rebecca were quick to forgive, while Gordon and James were more hesitant but couldn't stay mad at us. I then told them to spread the word about Thomas and what Emily had seen. Emily was hesitant but agreed to spread the word, and so we left Tidmouth Sheds one by one.