Bad Coal, Unfriendly Reunions, and Invitations/March 8, 2020

Edward's POV:

It's been kind of rough over the past three days. I'll start at the beginning. A few days ago, Topham started trialing a new type of coal on the railway; unfortunately, it hasn't had the best results. Nia broke down yesterday and had to get her pipes cleaned. Other engines have been feeling grouchy too, not helped by the railway's current situation. Yesterday was also my turn to start using the coal, and boy was it uncomfortable. I could have sworn to have seen things that Emily never described in her dream. Instead of James with burns on his face, it was Molly of all engines. Several engines had crystals all over them, and while I was picking up passengers at Tidmouth, I could have sworn to have seen Thomas, Percy, and D261 race through. But that would have been impossible as Thomas was still missing, and by the time I started using this new coal, the Rescue Team had been gone for only a day. Arthur, Henry, Harvey, and most of the other engines were concerned, but due to issues in the coal industry, I had no choice. I had to work harder until temporary replacements came to fill in for the absent engines as well, and with all of this bad coal, I looked terrible.

 I had to work harder until temporary replacements came to fill in for the absent engines as well, and with all of this bad coal, I looked terrible

The next day, the engines that Topham loaned finally arrived. Four of them were unknown steam engines from several heritage railways... unfortunately, the remaining two were engines we knew all too well. Douglas and BoCo saw D199 at Killdane arguing with Nia, while D261... Bowler... came to Tidmouth Sheds... and just like last time, the first thing he said was how Topham should scrap us and how Diesels were the future... blah blah blah, we've heard that so many times; it's gotten old in the 1990's. But then D261 said something that struck all of our nerves. Now I won't repeat what D261 said because it was very offensive, but it sent the whole shed into a frenzy. I even heard Diesel speak up while he was shunting, but the loudest and most volatile voice was, surprisingly... Rebecca's. I never heard her yell so loudly or use such profanity ever before. Those hallucinations have definitely made me second-guess myself because I could have sworn I saw sparks fly out of Rebecca's funnel.

 Those hallucinations have definitely made me second-guess myself because I could have sworn I saw sparks fly out of Rebecca's funnel

After the whole drama at the sheds, D261 simply left the scene. Not even a day has passed with D261 and D199 on Sodor again, and one of them has already caused a scene... is what I would say if Donald didn't tell us about D199's arrival; apparently he and Bear had a shouting match for about 10 minutes. It would have been longer had Gordon not intervened and tried to defend Bear. This was concerning; D261 managed to anger one of the friendliest engines on the railway, and D199 got into a shouting match with Bear. It was kinda clear that tensions would be high in the following weeks.

No one's POV:

That night, while most of the engines rested across the Island... some mysterious spiders approached some of the diesels...

???: "You are invited to have your revenge against those engines who have wronged you and take your rightful place on this island. Do you accept?"

D261: It would be my pleasure...

Arry: Bert and I would love to...

Diesel: No, I have already caused enough trouble for the engines; I'm tired of the same old song and dance. Every time I have caused trouble, one engine always puts me in my place. So I decline masked person. GOOD NIGHT!

Diesel 10: I don't think you know how important those puffballs are to the railway. I may hate them as much as Arry and Bert, but they have helped me and Pinchy more times than I would have liked. Now scram before Pinchy makes a meal out of that spider.

D199: I would LOVE to get my revenge on that wretched Henry and Bear. I accept...

 I accept