Devastation/March 10, 2020

No One's POV:

???: What the bloody hell happened to you guys?

???: We could ask you the same thing, Henry, James, Murdoch.

James: It was horrible—just horrible.

Murdoch: Gordon! Spiders! The sheds!

Henry: Knapford was all up in flames!

???: SILENCE!

James: Sorry, sir.

Sir Topham Hatt: It's alright, James; today has been very difficult for all of us. Panic would only make everything worse. Let's try this again, one at a time. Gordon, you go first.

Gordon: Alright, sir..

Gordon's POV:

I was taking the express as usual, making my way to Knapford Station. There were clouds in the sky, but it wasn't anything for me to be worried about. That was, until I heard yelling coming from Tidmouth Sheds. I didn't know what to make of it at first, but then I heard the piercing whistle of Murdoch and the sound of something being shot. Before I knew it, there was a rapid beeping sound, followed by a massive explosion, taking Tidmouth Sheds and whatever was attacking Murdoch along with it. Debris flew everywhere, hitting the coaches and me. Fortunately, no one in the coaches was hurt, but it was clear that something was wrong. I raced towards Knapford Station, where, to my horror, there were little robots, and they were shooting lasers at us, some of which managed to hit me in the face. I raced through Knapford, trying to shout at Edward, trying to warn him.

 I raced through Knapford, trying to shout at Edward, trying to warn him

I couldn't stop running. I mean, I could; I just didn't want to. I passed by Henry near Crosby. Henry was pulling a goods train in the opposite direction. I tried to warn him, but he was too far away to hear. I got switched back onto the loop line and made my way to Elsbridge, where I finally stopped to take a breather. Perfect timing on my driver's part, as I was running low on coal and water. Not long after I stopped, Daisy pulled in; she looked filthy, which felt out of character for her. She said that those same robots were at Ffarquhar; she managed to escape and run over some of the robots, and she then made her way here. After she finished her story, Edward came rocketing in, red in the face. We asked him what happened, and he began his story.

Edward's POV:

It seemed like an ordinary day; it was as if nothing could go wrong. Oh, how foolish I was. It was around 2 in the afternoon, and I was just getting ready to pull a local passenger train to Wellsworth. The other engines that I knew were in the yard at the time were James and Diesel. Diesel was preparing some coaches for when Henry came in with his goods train, while James was preparing his train for the Little Western. There were several clouds in the sky, and my driver joked about me hiding in Henry's Tunnel. Before I could respond, I heard the sound of Gordon. As he thundered through Knapford, it sounded like he was trying to shout something. I didn't understand what he meant until I heard a faint tapping noise, followed by blasting. Some of the blasts managed to hit my face. My crew knew that we had to get out of there; the guard blew his whistle, my driver released the brakes, and my wheels slipped on the rails. I managed to get a grip on the rails just in time, but not before I started to hear a beeping noise and noticed some of the little robots glowing rapidly. I bolted out of the station at speeds I haven't gone in years. As I ran, I heard the sound of an engine crashing, a loud whistle, and an ear-piercing explosion from right behind me. I didn't dare look back; I knew what happened right behind me. Henry then rushed past as I entered Henry's tunnel. I thought he was trying to ask me something, but he had passed by as soon as I saw him.