Abby Twaintet

My family defies all odds. There are four pairs of non-identical twins. I'm the oldest, then Alex, my twin, Brenna, Ben, Claudia, Calvin(Claudia's twin), Dahlia, and Darren(Dahlia's twin.) Me and Alex are 14, Brenna and Ben are 12, Claudia and Calvin are 10, and Dahlia and Darren are 8.

I woke up excited. It was Wednesday, and I was getting pizza for lunch. I skipped out of my room, not caring about waking up Alex. I went to shower when I got punched in the gut. Figuratively. Suddenly, wave after wave of nausea rolled over me. I went from great to *gag.* I almost faint on the floor. I stumbled downstairs. "Mom, can I stay home?" Mom shook her head and pointed out I did not have a fever and had not vomited in the last 24 hours.

I also had a train record for pretending to be sick. I was smart but didn't care about memorizing dates and names. But, I guess I now have to suffer through school. Of course. As everybody comes downstairs, I focus on making it to school. Too soon, or maybe after an eternity, the bus comes. I get on and flash my student ID, but I'm too nauseous to care. Soon, we arrived. I stumble to my locker and homeroom. But during math, I get punched in the gut again.

I asked to go to the bathroom. I go into the stall and retch but never throw up. I decided I was going to go home. But when I ask, Ms. Kapreit points out the five times I was "sick" in her class. I am stuck in my seat while my breakfast comes closer to reappearance. I ask again, and she notes my pale, sweaty face. She lets me go to the bathroom. My head is spinning as my breakfast reappears. My friend, Sofiana, comes in. She sees my face and gets Alex.

She should probably get the teacher, but I want my twin. He grabs my things and walks me home. My stomach is so painful. I get upstairs when I have to vomit. I curl up in my bed when Mom walks in. She heard me retching and came to investigate. She screams because I think I look like death. I look feel it all right. I start to say," I told you I was sick," but I collapse.