Calvin Twaintet

I'm so bored. Five minutes till lunch. After lunch, it will be football time. Mr. Hardite dismisses us, and I sprint to the cafeteria. I pull out my lunch and finish as they announce, "Will Claudia Twaintet, Faith Healy, Beatrice Nolina, Emma Hersca, James Cosey, Jacob Darklow, John Canway, Michel Alvarez, Mikel Penfield, Jude Waler, Kieran Makeliana, Henry Solheit, David Marelkanaskata, Danny Goanrand, Brody Gauntelrall, Calvin Twaintet and Samuel Sastinga please report to the main office?"Racing to the office, I grab my bag. Sam and I are sitting together. We are in the very back, best for watching the drama unfold. As we start moving, we laugh about how Faith and Claudia stare at Brody and Henry. Then the bus jumps, and we all laugh, except for Claudia. She moans and spews chunky, green liquid on Brody and Henry. I race to help her and call Mom. Calvin: Hi Mom.Mom: Are you OK?Calvin: Claudia collapsed and vomited everywhere.Mom: I'll be right there.Mom pulls up after no time. She takes Claudia and drives her home. That was kinda funny. Soon, we make it to Lakeview Elementary. This is only a junior game; we are only ten, but it is a big deal. We pull on our uniforms and warm up. Soon, they blow the whistle. I run. Brody passes me the ball. I pass it to James. He runs and scores us an early lead. But then, Lakeview scores. Then us. Then Lakeview. The time is ticking, and I have the football. As the buzzer sounds, I run into the endzone. The final score is 18 to 12, us. We did it. We won the elementary school league. They presented me with the winning trophy. We all go to pizza, but my conscience is bugging me. Claudia is sick in bed while I am celebrating. I call Mom and go home.When I get home, it is past nine. I pull on PJs and fall asleep, dreaming of glory.I wake up and am drowning in maple syrup. It feels weird to move. I'm in slo-mo while somebody is attacking me at full speed. I start screaming, "MOM!" And then the bad guy wins, and I feel last night's pizza reemerge. I watch her run in. I notice her lifting me and taking me downstairs. And I taste the acid that burns my throat as I retch. She places me on the top bunk. I hear a bucket clank just next to my head. I cough one last time and fall into a deep, dreamless sleep.