Alex Twaintet

I woke up with a groan. It was 7:05, and my alarm clock was beeping. I rolled over to press snooze when my gut clenched. The world spun. In the distance, I heard a wet thwacking sound. Yesterday's events rushed back. Abby was sick.My stomach was killing me. It was doing gymnastics with a broken leg, painful and flipping. I stumbled to the shower. I turned it on and moaned. I pulled on my clothes, jeans and a tee. I stumbled downstairs but made a beeline for Mom's room. I said, "I don't feel well. My head and stomach hurt." Her response was, "That's sweet. It is so nice you want to stay with Abby, but you have school." I had no choice but to get ready for school.Breakfast was out of the question. I brushed my teeth, kissed Abby good morning, and tied my shoes. Everyone else was waiting by the door by the time I headed downstairs. We all piled into the car. I would have enjoyed the extra room, but I was too sick. As I came closer and closer to vomiting, I realized I had no choice. I screamed, "Mom!" but she didn't hear me, and the action brought me ever closer to vomiting. I yelled again, and this time she heard me. I said, "Stop the car!" She grudgingly obliged.I jumped out and raced to the edge of the street. I fell to my knees and retched. I coughed once, and my stomach lept out of me. "I told you I wasn't feeling we-." I couldn't finish the sentence before being sick.Mom took me home before dropping off everyone else. I curled up next to Abby, and we both vomited in peace.