Characters

Characters in the story Dragongirl04282004

Marinette Dupain-Cheng is one of the two titular main protagonists (alongside Adrien Agreste) of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir

Marinette Dupain-Cheng is one of the two titular main protagonists (alongside Adrien Agreste) of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir. She is a former student in Miss Bustier's class at Collège Françoise Dupont in Paris, France, and a budding fashion designer who wants to have her own brand one day. With the Ladybug Miraculous, when inhabited by Tikki, Marinette transforms into the superheroine Ladybug, who gains the power of creation in order to stop Hawk Moth/Shadow Moth/Monarch and his akumatized villains. She is also the leader of the French Miraculous superhero team.

Marinette is a sweet, outgoing, young, and joyful girl who loves fashion, her friends, family, and Adrien Agreste (her crush), who describes her as honest, kind, fair, and the type not to cheat. She is very helpful towards those who have insecurities, such as; Juleka Couffaine, who thought she had a "class photo curse", and Marc Anciel, who was too afraid to share his creative writing. According to Clara Nightingale, Marinette has a pure heart. She cares deeply for other people, usually putting their feelings and interests even before her own, in some cases at a personal cost. Despite being genuinely kind, she has her limits, such as when she gets irritated with Chloé Bourgeois to the point that she refuses to continue guarding her against the Evillustrator as Ladybug.

 Despite being genuinely kind, she has her limits, such as when she gets irritated with Chloé Bourgeois to the point that she refuses to continue guarding her against the Evillustrator as Ladybug

As Ladybug, Marinette retains many of her alter ego's characteristics, but she is much stronger. Her confidence and bravery come out more prominently. According to Cat Noir, she can be stubborn at times, especially when she isn't easily convinced. While almost all of Ladybug's plans are effective, they tend to be complex and rather bizarre. She is more cautious and careful than Cat Noir, sometimes needing to restrain or stop him from doing hasty acts seen in several episodes. Only on rare occasions, she can act hasty, especially if she is in a rush to do something or multiple things at once or being quick to assume like in "Kuro Neko", when she mistook the titular sentimonster for an akumatized Cat Noir. She believes that a great superhero always listens to their head, meaning that she isn't easily fooled or swayed by deceptions and lies.

Ladybug strives to rescue everyone, including those akumatized by Hawk Moth. She usually tries to persuade the supervillains to calm down and stop their rampage when she can. She is aware that there is a line between justice and revenge believing that honesty and justice don't mean anything if you're pressured into doing it, like as she did with Bob in "Silencer". She acknowledges that good things come by doing good actions and that not all problems can be solved by wishing them away like Hawk Moth hopes, especially at the expense of hurting the innocent. She also values the lives of others more than material possessions. Similar to her partner, through her lifestyle, she isn't tempted by power because Marinette understands that her life can be great without it. However, for a long time, her obsession for Adrien got in the way of saving people.