Chapter 2- Sai is Virat's wife

Near midnight Sai received a call from Virat's number. First she ignored it but when it rang for 2nd time she received the call. She was going to tell him to stop calling her but from otherside she heard an unknown voice saying hello.

She was surprised and wondered does he would get drunk again. Before once it happened he called her after getting drunk. But the unknown voice said "Madam, I am calling from Lord Superspeciality Hospital. your husband has faced a fatal accident. His car has fallen from the bridge after getting hit by some heavy vehicle. He had got serious head injury. We got your number saved as Wify in his phone so called you." She mouthed Thank you and rushed to the said hospital.

She rushed to the reception and the receptionist guided her towards Virat's cabin. Doctor was examining him at that time. As per her quarry he said "I am sorry to inform you that your husband has a very serious head injury. We need to operate on him. Till we conduct tests please inform other family members and finish admission formalities."

Sai called Ninad to inform about the incident. After informing them Sai went to look at the bloodied face of injured Virat. His whole face and body is covered in blood. She felt pain in her heart. She asked her heart "why am I still feeling this pain for him? I stayed away from him for a long time. He married Patralekha I should avoid him."

With permission of Sai Virat was transferred to operation theater and Sai sat outside the OT and prey to God for safety of the man she loves but never let anyone get any wind of it.

The hospital stuff handed Sai Virat's phone. She saw a smiling face of her is his wallpaper. She unmindfully opened the phone and saw in hmescreen also there was a picture where both of them posed happily after their second marriage when they went for a small honeymoon. Her mind cried "Why Virat why? Why you bind yourself with all these old memories when you already moved on and married Patralekha.''

She opened his call log in a trace and saw that its really her number is saved under the name "wify Sai". she searched Patralekha's number and it is saved under "annoying creature" a smile came in Sai's face after seeing it. She said in her mind "you remain same, still childish. And nobody except me now it."

All the family members entered the hospital. Thy rushed towards OT after listening abot his ongoing operation. Ninad spotted Sai there and rushed to her. She told Nnad and Ashwini about Virat's condition and give them confidence that he will be fine. Patralekha was coming towards Sai with rage when door of the operation theater opened and doctors come out he come straight to Sai and said "God is with us. Operation is successful, yur husband is out of danger, we will keep him inder observation for few hours. he will gain conciousness soon."

Patralekha become livid listening the doctor to address as Virat's wife. She was already angry that the hospital informed Sai about Virat's accident instead of family members and Sai signed the consent form as Virat's wife. So when the doctor left the place she come rushing to Sai and aid "you said them you are Virat's wife. You vile woman, you homerecher, 2nd woman" Sai smiled sadly and said "Patralekha Virat is injured covered in blood and you are concerned that hospital informed whom and I am being addressed as Virat's wife. Wah you are really not concerned about him you just want to be his wife."

Patralekha shouted "I am his wife, I am Patralekha Virat Chavan." Sai said in a strain voice "Dont shout this is a hospital. By the way I think I explaied you before also that still now I am Virat's legal wife, we are not divorced yet. And hopefully Virat neer introduced you as his wife in front of anybody. Only for this family and neibours you are his so called wife. Do you think I dont know that your this marriage is just a piece of shit, you dont share same room also, Virat never allowed you to enter in my bedroom. And by the way For law and society you are the 2nd woman between us. Excuse me I need to meet Virat and know about him. Unless you we are worried about him."

Sai left the place and went towards Virat's cabin where he was shifted after operation leaving a stunned Patralekha. She never imagined that Sai will talk this rudely with her and in front of everyone claims herself as Virat's legal wife.

After sometime, Virat's juniors and colleagues come to meet him. When they saw Sai there they went to her and one of them said "thank God Sai bahini that you are here. Virat sir was missing you badly. He loves you a lot. We are witness how badly he suffered without you. We are here if you need any help we will lay our life for Virat sir" Sai smiled politely and said they she will look after Virat and will let them know if anything is needed.

Patralekha could not take it anymore and said to them "I am Virat's wife, not Sai. You are mistaken."

One of them looked towards her like she was mad and said "I think you are stressed ma'am. We know we are right Dr. Sai Chavan is Virat sir's only wife. He always talks about her. Virat sir's phone's wallpaper is his and Sai ma'am's wedding pictures. We have seen them. You can check also."

IG Sir who also come to see Virat also said and stood behind said "in fact in our police record also it's written Sai Virat Chavan is wife of Virat Sai Chavan. In Fact we have their marriage registry certificate in our record" and all of them left saying all these.

Patralekha stood there dejectedly. Everyone has seen Sai and Virat's marriage certificate, their wedding photos but she doesn't have anything to show as Virat never registered their marriage. Their marriage happened in a temple among family members. Photography was not allowed inside the temple so they don't have any pictures. If they asked temple would have provided a picture of their wedding but Virat never opted for eo they don't have any proof. Now she is determined that she will ask Virat to tell everyone about their marriage.

Suddenly a nurse said that Virat is conscious now and family can meet him. Ge talked with everyone but his eyes searched for somebody. He behaved oddly with Patralekha.

When Virat saw Sai he smiled and called her "Sai yaar you came last and I was searching you. You don't care for your husband anymore. You should stay with your ill husband and look after him." She smiled and held his hand. He was rubbing her hands when suddenly he looked towards her face and neck. He said in an irritated tone "you come straight from the operation theater again right? I understand your profession but I don't like it when you don't wear any of your marital signs, when you wear them it feels that you are mine. You could at least wear Sindur. See I never take off my engagement ring and wedding rings."

He looked towards his hands and get tensed when he couldn't find his rings. Sai remember that a nurse handed her two rings in her hands and she knew those rings very well as they were their engagement and wedding rings. She was wondering why he was still wearing them. But now she understood his love for her. She took out his rings from her bag "For operation they took off your rings " he extended his hand and said "make me wear them like before."

He smiled and said "I would also like to make you wear your ring and mangalsutra. But I know you left them in your locked." Sai smiled and took out her rings and mangalsutra from her bag. These things are very close to her heart and she always carried these things with her.

Virat made them wear Sai. One nurse who was witnessing this romantic scene forwarded a sindoor dabba and Virat filled Sai's hairline. At the same time bells from the hospital temple rang and the couple smiled. Virat looked towards Sai smilingly and said "Now you are looking like my Baiko, my wife, my Love, my Sai."