Chapter 3- New Normal

All the member of the Chavan family was shocked by Virat and Sai's behavior. They knew that Virat didn't like Patralekha and he never ever introduced her as his wife outside their home. They also knew that Virat still loved Sai and got married to Patralekha after getting news of Sai's death because of the pressure created by Bhabani and her blackmail. It was also known to Virat's family that though he married Pakhi. he never allowed Patralekha to enter his and Sai's bedroom. He asked Patralekha to stay in her old bedroom only and he used to stay in his study. He went back to his previous room when he got to that Sai was alive.

After Sai comes back with their daughter Savi Virat becomes again inclined towards Sai and expresses his love for her in front of the family after his initial rage subsided. The last straw was the information that Vinayak was also Virat and Sai's son. This news made Virat do the unthinkable he emotionally blackmailed Sai to get back to him for their children but Sai always rejected saying that she was not interested.

But seeing the scene in front of them where Virat openly claims Sai as his wife and behaves with her as the last 8 years disappeared from their life was shocking. And Sai who always objected to Virat's proposals now behaves like also nothing happened. But they understood there must be a reason so kept quiet. Patralekha couldn't take it anymore but before she created a scene Mohit and Karishma took her out forcefully.

Doctors come and check Virat. The senior surgeon talked with him for a few minutes and administered some medicine. Soon when Virat slept as effect of Medicine the doctor met with Virat's family.

He said "There is good news and bad news for you all. The good news is that Mr. Chavan is out of danger now. You can take him home in 2-3 days. The bad news is that a few nerves of his brain were injured and a few blood clads formed due to his head injury. We removed the clods but the nurves need time to hill. Because of his injury, he forgot his memory of a few years, or more precisely 8 years. He thinks that he is newly married to the love of his life Sai."

The doctor paused for a moment and continued "Sadly we can't remind him regarding what happened in these 8 years now. Because if we try then he will put pressure on his head and his damaged nerve will be more damaged and it can risk his life. So before you take him home ensure your home looks like what it looked like 8 years ago and you people behave with him like that only. otherwise, it will be a shock for him. We will try to get some more information from him and will update you regarding what he remembers exactly."

Ninad said "In these 8 years lots of things changed he became the father of 2 kids. Where should we hide them." the doctor sympathetically said "You have to hide it, sir. It's a very very big thing to digest he remembers that he married Dr. Sai just a few months ago. Dr. Sai, please make your family understand. I hope you understood his condition before us." Sai nodded her head in agreement and said "Yes Doctor."

Soon all of them few happily and a few sadly started to restore the house as it was 8 years ago. Ninad and Ashwini were happy to get their Sai back as they also like Virat never ever imagined giving Sai's place to Patralekha. They used to love Sai as their own daughter. There were a few more people who were happy that Sai came back to Virat's life and to Chavan Nivas with all rights. Pulkit, Devi, Harini, Rajiv, Shivani, Sunny, Mohit and Karishma are such people. In these 8 years, Karishma changed a lot she understood how good Sai was and how selfish Paralekha is. So she is happy that Sai come back again.

Sai become astonished after entering her old bedroom. Nothing changed there, it is exactly the same as she left it. Virat never allowed anyone to change a single thing in this room. In fact except Ninad and Ashwini he never allowed anyone to enter this room not even Vinayak.

Meanwhile, one development happened in the hospital. One day Virat looked towards the calendar and frecked out realizing that he had lost his memory of a few years. With lots of difficulties, Sai and the doctors of the hospital calmed him. He is a mature man who soon comes to terms with reality. Doctors told him he would be perfectly fine and would be able to remember all those in a few months.

Soon everything was ready and Virat came back to Chavan Nivas. Virat doesn't remember Samrat's death so his family told him that he rejoined his army duty and now is posted in a dangerous mission. Vinayak and Savi were send to Sai's hospital quarter with Usha MAusi. Though everyone was missing them there was no other way. Vinayak and Sai's room has been converted as Sai's study so Virat doesn't get shocked seeing that room and Sai can spend some time with her children's memory.

A few days passed and everyone became habituated to the new life of Chavan Nivas. Virat and Sai stay in their room as husband and wife though Sai avoids Virat's romanticism and naughtiness when talking about his injuries, still, the couple enjoys ample time and beautiful moments with each other after years. Virat also comes close to his family, he became a loner after Sai left him, and he used to avoid all. But now he started to have breakfast with all again. Sai also started to help Ashwini and Karishma in the kitchen. Ashwini was surprised to witness Sai's culinary skills, she still remembers that she was the one who taught this girl once how to hold a knife. It become a regular sight that in the afternoon Ninad, Ashwini, Sai, Virat, Mohit and Karishma sit together and spend quality time. Whenever Devi and Shivani along with their family come to join the group that they often visit.

Patralekha couldn't take all this and she went to her maternal home. At this time Bhabani faced a problem regarding her. Bhabani made Patralekha partner in her small business of making some handloom which she inherited from her maternal side. But all these incidents to take her revenge Patralekha tried to overpower Bhabani and took her business from her. That time Sai and other family members support her and Bhabani realise the true selfish vile face of Patralekha.

Soon 2 months passed and doctors declared Virat fit to join his duties though Virat could not remember anything. The doctor said that he wants to stay in his happy place so he doesn't want to remember the days of pain and depression may be thats why it takes time. So in one fine day, both Virat and Sai joined their duties.