Family Ties

Forbes Residence

I smiled as I watched Caroline try on dresses. Not too long ago this was me and Be-Katerina. I picked one of them and put it against my body.

"Ok. What do we think?" I ask. "Hmm, not the yellow. It looks odd," Caroline says. I rolled my eyes.

"Ok. What about this one?" I asked and picked up and grabbed another one. "I wanted the blue one," she said, taking it from me. I shook my head.

"I have one, but it's black. I don't know if I want to wear it," I said. "Do it!" She says. I smiled and nodded. "Ok, I'll go home and grab it," I said and kissed her cheek.

"Use the perfume I got you, and keep the ankle bracelet on," I said and left her home.

"Wow, you were so obsessed with protecting mom...thank you," Josie said, looking at me. "Of course, she's my best friend," I said hugging her.

Salvatore Boarding House

I go through my closet trying to find the dress. It was given to me in the 1920's. He told me it belonged to a princess. I closed my eyes trying to remember him.

"You've got something there, love," I heard someone say. "Oh, hi," I said and wiped where he had pointed.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," I said, "thank you. I gotta go," I said and left.

I smiled he had blonde hair, blue eyes, and dimples. I let out a giggle. "Wow, I didn't know you could still giggle," my brother said. "Do they still wear ties at this thing?" He asked me.

"I have no clue. I'm going with Care. So, I don't care," I said, taking out the black dress. I pressed it flat against my body.

"I like it. Where did you get it from me?" He asked me. "It was a gift," I whispered. "From a very special friend?" He asked me. "Yes. No. Maybe," I said. "Get out, I need to change," I said.

Lockwood Residence

Lockwood Residence

"Caroline! You look smashing. Who's your friend?" A woman asked coming up to us.

"Thank you, Mrs. Lockwood. This is my best friend, Stefanie Salvatore," Caroline said introducing us. I smiled and shook her hand.

"Oh, well, come on in," Mrs. Lockwood said, smiling at us. "It's nice to meet you. Caroline has told me so much about this party," I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, enjoy," Mrs. Lockwood said with a tight smile. "What do we do now?" I whisper to her. "Hold on, give me a minute," she said and walked off. I sighed and looked around a bit.

"Hey, Stefanie. You look amazing," Elena said from behind me. "Thank you. I feel amazing. I haven't worn this thing in ages," I said, smiling as I waited on Caroline.

"There's a lot of history here," Elena said, and I nodded. "Hey, sorry about that," Caroline said. "It's fine, I hear something about the first registry. Wanna go see if we can find some names we might recognize today?" I asked her she nodded and we linked arms and walked off.

I felt bad, but the more I looked at it the more Lexi was right. I don't want anything romantic with Elena. I just my older sister back. And if she can't give me that. It's better to back away and come back when things are less complicated.

"So, Sheriff William Forbes, Mayor Benjamin Lockwood. Is that Damon Salvatore? And, Stefanie Salvatore? Isn't that you and your brother's name?" Caroline asked me. I smiled, " The original Salvatore brother and sister. Our ancestors. Tragic story, actually," My brother said.

"Brother, what are you doing here?" I asked and he smirked at me. "I wanna dance," Caroline said. "What about Matt? Go dance with him," I said, she thought before grabbing a champagne glass and chugging and then walking off to find him.

"I'm sorry," He whispered to me. "Sorry? You're sorry? After everything you've put me through? All I have ever wanted was my brother back. The one who protected me. That man is gone. No amount of apologies will ever bring him back. Leave me alone. Leave Caroline alone. Just stay away, Dae," I say and leave, and go find Caroline.

"Wow, Uncle Damon. You messed up," Hope said looking over at Damon. "Your right. I did," Damon said, nodding and looking at the screen.

"Are you all right?" Caroline asks me. "No, I'm the opposite of alright," I say. "Damon, it's like he wants to be there for me but he keeps fucking it all up," I finish. I look up and notice Elena and Damon approach us. I sigh and wait for this shit show.

"What'd we miss?" Damon said, trying to pretend like the last few minutes didn't happen. "Nothing, just talking," I said. "Stefanie, do you have another dance in you?" Elena asked looking at me. "No, I don't think so," I say, shaking my head. I haven't danced in a while. "Oh," Was all she said. "You know what? I think this was a success. You came out. We had a blast, and I danced. Let's go home. Watch some, Doctor Who, huh?" Caroline asked me.

Damon wasn't that much of a threat. Not right now, he hadn't harmed anyone I cared about. "I think I'd like that. Let's go, Miss. Forbes?" I ask offering my arm. "Let's," She says and takes it.

Forbes Residence

I take off my dress and change into the extra pajamas I've left her. I noticed that they were washed and folded. "Your mom did my clothes?' I asked. "Yeah, she knows how much you mean to mean. So, she's been taking care of small things when she can. Mostly it, uh, it's me," Caroline says. "Oh, care. You didn't have to," I say hugging her.

"I just don't want to lose you," She says. "You'd never lose me," I say hugging her tighter. "Doctor Who?" She asks. "Yeah," I say and we cuddle up and sleep on her bed, watching our show.
________________________

I'm trying to pre-write chapters but I'm struggling with my creative side.