Should've Expected This

"P.A.M could you be a doll, and put on some classical music? Trying to figure this out is straight-up, murdering my brain." I ran my hands against my scalp while stretching my back and arms. I've been trying to figure out what's been happening to my DNA.

 When I arrived here, my world was grim, dark, and unforgiving. Now that I've been in this cartoony, saturated,  and I've felt more alive ever since. Every day doesn't seem to drag on, everything's different, it's all...grand and like a commercial where stereotypes are happening left and right, whether the people I noticed were in the plot or not. It was odd.

I was in my lab staring at a holographic model of a 'before' and 'after' of my DNA's structure and the cells in my body. While thinking to myself I heard a 'fwooooosh', and the lights surrounding me turned off and flashed red. 

"Oh for-"

"I'm sorry, Ms. Stark but it seems as though the 'before' model has overloaded my systems again and my visual capacity. I apologize, but you'll have to re-enter the DNA's structure and model's of the cells manually. I'll begin working on the power issue." P.A.M informed me, I let out a sigh littered frustration. I dropped my head and let both of my hands rest against a near by table.

This is the 14th time this has happened. 

No matter what tweaks and adjustments I make to my models it overloads and nearly reboots my entire system. The first time it happened Morgan came running to me and held onto myside, something she hasn't done since she was into Yo' Gabba Gabba. 

"FOR GOD'S SAKE, STOP DOING THAT! IT'S SO ANNOYING!" I heard her annoyed voice yelling at me. I probably interrupted her afternoon tea (again). She's gotten into Japanese street fashion where she came across the term 'lolita,' ever since, she's been loving it.

 I'm glad she's able to get her phases out with a lot of resources, not a lot of people didn't get that. I know, It's hard to be a cosplayer when you didn't have a job in Queens.

"Sorry!" I let out a dismissive apology, and sit down. Letting many, many noises of annoyance out. I've been in here trying to figure out 'what's up' with my whack-ass DNA. I'm not stellar about being in the plot because I was afraid that it would involve me more. The more I'm involved, the more the world gets brighter, my world gets brighter.

This fact and the home sickness is actually getting to me. 

My old house was awesome, sure. I mean, I'm the adopted daughter of Tony Fucking Stark. No, it was the fact that it's so empty, there was no background noise to scoff at, no crumbs to sweep up after someone. No, no.... sign of anyone that lived there. It was basically just me, Mom was busy all of the time due to taking over Dad's companies, investments, finished creations, projects that can't get finished, and of course. Me and Morgan. 

Morgan was always with Mom because... Well, she's a child, and Mom is Mom and not Dad. Since she was a responsible, adult- woman, she decided she wouldn't let Morgan live with me. Instead she moved 'us' into a brand new renovated Condo in upscale New York.

 Without the both of them in my life, it basically became the boiled 'chicken' that white people make. 

I couldn't even bother Happy or any of my friend's. After the war and... Dad, she went into over protective mode. Unjustly, she let Morgan have friends as 'you can't make children into spies or assassins.' I was lucky, and every god was on my side when she let me babysit my cousin to 'see what the real world was like,' I think she forgot where I lived before. 

Mom let Happy retire early which meant he wasn't around either, he had a couple more years but, she understood what he was processing and it's not easy.