𝘪𝘷

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

-present-

"You heard me.  Just get on my level."

I scoffed in disbelief, crossing my arms over my chest. "Get on your level? Or stoop down to your level?"

Bada chuckled as she shifted her weight onto one leg and placed the opposite hand on her hip. "Stoop down? Wasn't I the one who just won?"

"Just because someone scored one test doesn't mean they're smart." I said as I glared at her.

"So, you're saying I would lose to you next time?" she approached closer to me. Her head tilted after asking the question, a smirk on her face. "Hm?"

As she moved closer, almost towering over me, I didn't budge. I wasn't intimidated by her whatsoever. "Yeah."

'Yeah'? Really? Was that the best I could think of? "So be prepared to suffer defeat." I added, looking up at her.

 She placed her hands into her pockets and leaned down so we were face to face.

She was now close enough that my forehead was touching her cap. I didn't even realize that I stopped breathing for a moment.

After what felt like an eternity, she backed away and straightened her posture. "We will see about that."

I stood frozen in place as I watched her walk away to place the winner and loser chips on the scoreboards.

I pulled myself together and went to sit where my crew was, noticing that everyone was whispering about something to each other.

As I sat down and crossed my legs, Bada was walking towards us to place the chip under 'loss' on our scoreboard. Our first loss.

Before she turned away to go sit with her crew so the battles could continue, I swear she winked at me. Or my mind was making up stuff. She probably just blinked or something.

Once the battles resumed, my members turned to me.

Gukwa placed her hands on my shoulders and shook me lightly. "What was that all about?" she shouted in a whisper.

I didn't answer. I was looking at the very interesting floor while my expression looked bored, even though there was chaos going on inside my head.

"Let's leave her alone, she'll tell us about it later-" Karamel started.

"Stop changing the topic!" Mona loudly whispered before facing me.

"Ari, you should talk to us..." Mona said, more softly now.

"Is she your ex or something? The tension was suffocating." Gukwa said, unbothered.

Both Mona and Karamel looked at her with a stern look. "What?" Gukwa asked, confused.

I placed my elbows on my knees and then my face into my palms. "I lost..." I said weakly.

I wasn't even thinking about Bada and what just happened between us. I mourned the fact that I gave our crew our first loss as a leader. It really hurt like a bitch.

Karamel started caressing my hair. "Hey, it's alright. You did great and don't beat yourself up for it. You did your best and that's all that matters to us." she comforted me.

Mona and Gukwa caught on that they shouldn't continue pestering me about the other irrelevant situation, so they all hugged, saying I did great and that it's okay.

I definitely wasn't okay. But the group hug definitely made me feel better. It felt good knowing I was surrounded by these loving people.

After they pulled away, I smiled as I looked at all of them.