Only if he knew||Chapter 3

A/N: OKAY Hii guys!! So just to clarify, they ar in 8th grade. I forgot if I said if they were in 7th grade or not but they WERE. They met in 7th grade and then now it's a year later. 8th grade whoop whoop. The whole story was in 8th grade soon moving to 9th grade and more. Okay have fun reading you all : ) <3

JACKS POV:

School just ended and I am exhausted. Today was the 8th grade award ceremony. It shows in the front page of the year book. Student council picked it out, which is

Milton: President
Eddie: VP
Kim: Treasurer
Charlie: Secretary
Julie: Historian

I won 2, best hair and most athletic. I know I am that amazing. I waited for Kim at th front gate. She and I are supposed to have dinne with our family. Surprise surprise, our family doesn't know that we know each other.

After a good 3 minutes, she comes out laughing with the football captain, Brett. I am not head over heels about Kim but this just doesn't feel right. He may have brown hair LIKE ME, brown eyes I HAVE BETTER BROWN EYES. At least I know how to kick a soccer ball and do martial arts. All he does is tackle other dudes. Who wants to do that? Oh Kim!

"Bye Brett!" she fixes her sweater and walks toward me. "You took forever!" I groan

"Oh it's nothing, he is just my lab partner" she says biting her bottom lip as she waves goodbye to him.

I grab her shoulder so it doesn't face him. I wrap my arm around her and we start walking. I don't talk much for a few streets and since I don't she doesn't.

We are still super close, my arm around her. She has her arms crossed on her stomach and we are walking at a slow pace.

"Aw young love, I remember the good ol days." me and Kim stop as we hear a old lady talking to us.

"We are no-" Kim was about to say something but I cut her off. "Yup! Young love is amazing, I hope it lasts forever" the old lady pats my shoulder as she gives us love advice and goes on with her day.

As we get far enough so she doesn't hear or we us, Kim removes my arm and flips me. "Oh! Youn love is the greatest. Blah blah Blah!" she crosses her arms and mocks me.

"What! I thought it is funny" I said smirking. "Lets see if it's funny when I shove my fist down your throat!! That's my mom's boss?!" I instantly shut up and start cracking up.

She does too and falls down onto my stomach. Since we are on the sidewalk, we get a few weird started but I don't mind. As long as I'm with my best friend nothing can go wron-

"Hey what it do yo!" Jerry says as he walks up to us. So does Milton, Eddie and Rudy.

We get up as we realize what is going on. "I remember my good ol days. It started off with a girl. She was Jenny. I was a black belt, she was a cheerleader." in the middle of Rudy''s sob story me and Kim make a run for it and hide behind a fence.

Her phone beeps and she checks.

Please not Brett. Pleas-

"Oh it's my mom, she wants me to pick up a cake for you and your family" she scoffs

"Then let's go! I want to pick my favorite cake." she grabs my hand and runs to the nearest bakery. She is in a hurry. Obviously.

"Hi, can I place a order? " I say with my Jack Factor. It's the hair and all this good stuff. (Me of course)

"Sorry,pick ups only. " the lady says with a stibgy low voice." it's for Jane Sage Crawford. "

"Right this way Ma'am!" the lady escorts us to the kitchen." my mom is a VIP" she whispers in my ear.

"What would you like! I'll put it on your mom's tab" I tell her the best flavor ever.

Red velvet with chocolate drizzled on the top. And it's a icecream cake!

"Okay. Give me a minute"l she rolls her eyes at me but smiles at Kim. I'm sorry but Kim is not all that!!!

KIMS POV:

"They will probably take a few minutes, let's work on some homework" I say guiding him to a desk. My mom is well known at almost every store. The place that she and my dad worked at, got us out of living in a car. That was 5 years ago. It has many benefits but more side effects

I pull out my science homework and Jack works on a essay. I am lab partners with Brett. But it doesn't mean I like him! He is very cute but I have someone on my mind. I glance at Jack.

RING RING

I pick up the phone "hello?" K

"Hi it's me Brett.." B

Oh BRETT! I put the phone off speaker mode and put it to my ear.

I have the new apple 4s. It came out a few days after my sister was born. My mom cares about material things than more important things like friendship?

"Kim, don't get mad but I broke up with Donna Tobin." B

"What?! After all my work putting you and her together last month." K

"well uh.. I need to make her jealous. It the only way. The movie told me so!" B

I look at Jack who isn't paying attention to me.

"For how long? "K

"Just about... 2 weeks? She will definitely want all this after 2 weeks. " I cringe at his statement.

"Fine. But no kissing. And I still want to hang out with my friends. "K

"Of course. Sorry but your not my type. I like brunettes! Plus, we will only act like a couple when she is around. Which is P. E and science"B

"deal. Okay see you tomorrow" I groan in my head. Oh Kim. What have you got yourself into.

I hang up the phone smiling.

JACKS POV:

I didn't hear what she said. I was listening to my iPod. The only thing I hear was 'Hi Brett!' that's when the the music went on.

After her call. She is all smiling and stuff. I swear if he asked her out through the phone?!

"Why are you so bubbly huh?" I say not looking directly at her. I don't wanna seem to nosy but I am curious.

KIMS POV:

I can't let him know, me and Brett are in a FAKE relationship. I mean it is supposed to be real to Donna Tobin. Jack wouldn't mind anyways. Its just 2 weeks right?

"Brett asked me out!" I say trying to sound happy. Honestly, I'm not but it's just for the fun of it right?

He dropped his pencil and looked at me. "What."

"He asked me out? He broke up with Donna Tobin." I say looking at Jacks eyes. I wish it was him..

"Oh uh, look at the time. I have to do a.. Baking project? For Home EC?". He says questioning himself. A he packs up his stuff fast he exits the bakery. He doesn't even have home EC?!

Ms. Sally come out the door. "Here they are, I'll just charge it to your mom's tab." I thank her and grab the cake. I walk out and to see no Jack. I sigh

Only if he knew.