Chapter Forty: Negotiations

40. Negotiations

10-29-2023

A/N: Ahhh, sorry I posted a little late! But here it is! And thank you so much for your votes and comments! I love reading them!

Though... reading your comments makes me think about what would happen if I ever made NSFW stuff...y'all are just so down bad...

By the way, UNDERLINES are the ENGLISH text. I have edited previous chapters to make it seem that way as well.

Q: Since Halloween is coming up, do you guys celebrate it? If you do, what are you doing this year?

-----

You were lying down in between the cracks of the ridge after Senku had killed you with his way of affection. After the lovely morning events, he had given you a job to stay and keep a lookout for any suspicious activity coming from the Tsukasa Empire. Using a telescope he'd personally handed to you by himself, you would loiter around and watch the Tsukasa Empire making rounds on the ground floor. But you were closely gazing upon them when you saw them acting frantic around their home base.

Then you realized why.

"Is...is that Chrome?"

Spotting a flicker of movement, your vision hastily focused on it to see that it was Chrome. You used the telescope to keep your eye on the boy, who had somehow successfully escaped on his own, trudging through the forest with determination. You immediately pushed yourself off the ground and started moving your legs to tell your friends.

"Senku! Senku!" You called out to him as you saw him fixing the tank with the others.

He spotted you in the corner of his field of vision, turning his head to see your wide-eyed look. "What's wrong?"

"It's Chrome! He's escaped on his own!" You answered him, then ran past him to go in the direction he was coming from.

You passed by trees and bushes to meet up with him. As you closed in on him, you held your hand up high for him to see it. "Chrome!"

Upon hearing your voice, he grinned widely. "(Y/N)! You guys are here?! That's pretty badass!"

"We came to save you!" You explained to him and then you noticed him falling weak to fatigue. Taking the brunette's arm, you put it over your shoulders to stabilize him. "I'll help you to the camp. Everybody's waiting for you."

As you brought him over, many people saw him and welcomed him with open arms. They were glad he was okay.

"Incredible! Chrome broke out all by himself!" They cheered.

"Oho, that means my cute and adorable Steam Gorilla won't have to be thrown away in a suicide attack!" Kaseki cried out with tears in his eyes.

Kohaku questioned him, "But how'd you even know to go in this direction?"

"It's not like I knew. I just cane in the direction Suika went when she was scouting, along a path that seems like it could be seen with a telescope..." he explained to her.

"Yet another achievement made by Ace Detective Suika~" Gen chuckled, causing the little girl to blush.

You then brought him over to Senku, who had a grave look on his face. The scientist asked him, "What's with that blood?"

With no hesitation, you whipped your head to get another look at the brunette. You realized that he had dried, dark-red splotches over his mouth. Not even a second later, the boy went on his knees to cough out thick, maroon liquid. It trickled down his chin and onto the floor. Panic ensued from everyone.