FOURTY SEVEN

august 29th

2 days until we go back to school.

my father wants us to go back the day before the rest with snape and the other professors.

i have no clue how my friends will react to seeing me and Draco again.

after all we did disappear the night Dumbledore died without a proper explanation.

i still have no idea what i'm going to tell them about why we left.

i've been putting off packing my things but i know it needs to be done.

i guess it could be a distraction from everything else that's going on.

i slid my trunk out from under my bed and opened it up.

i decided to just pack up everything.

i stuffed all my clothes in, shoes, books and everything else.

i stood the trunk up by the door ready for the 31st and laid down on my bed.

i tried thinking of excuses for why we left and why we didn't meet up with anyone over summer.

there was always, 'we were on holiday' but they would probably guess it was a lie.

i mean can you imagine the malfoys on holiday? not likely.

we could use one of us got i'll but i guess that's a standard excuse.

i swear all i do these days is lie to the people i care for.

i had been thinking about everything that's going on and i guess you could say it was all pinned to me.

if i wasn't born he wouldn't have gone mad. He wouldn't have gone to godricks hollow.

If i had just stayed away from Draco and not been selfish with my happiness he wouldn't be caught up in all of this.

If i wasn't here my friends, Draco, everyone at Hogwarts wouldn't be at risk from my father.

Do you think he would ever be able to stop?

probably not.

he's too far in, his mind is too twisted to be reversed.

i know i was never meant to be the hero against my father. Harry is.

he's the 'chosen one'

he's the one that didn't die from my fathers spell.

i've never been viewed as a hero by anyone.

i've never wanted to be if i'm honest.

most people see me as a murderer or a replica of my father.

A dangerous psychopath.

that's why i had met with Narcissa earlier.

She was clearly worried sick about Draco so i decided to ease her nerves.

We made the unbreakable vow.

like she did with snape last year, only this year was with me.

I promised her i would protect Draco from any harm at school.

She trusted me to do so.

she knows how much i care for him and knows i would go to any lengths to protect him.

a/n : another short one sorry!