FIFTY SEVEN

December 29th

my fucking heart was shattering in front of me.

i still hadn't figured out how exactly to reverse Astoria's curse on Draco so i was stuck watching them together.

this was the last thing i needed with everything going on.

i made my way to the Slytherin table where my friends sat silently.

Astoria was sat directly next to Draco snuggled up to his arm.

i sucked in a shaky breath trying not to let myself fall apart in public.

i couldn't bring myself to eat any breakfast.

i feared i would puke it up the minute it touched my lips.

To make things worse Astoria kept giving me cunning grins.

she knew i knew what she'd done.

she also knew i didn't know how to reverse it and was hopeless.

i couldn't stay at this fucking table any longer.

watching the person i love forget our relationship and be with a fucking slag.

i swiftly got out my seat and headed down the hallway.

i heard footsteps coming up behind me.

theo was walking up to me.

"what is going on with you?" he questioned

"nothing, im perfectly fine" i replied plastering a fake smile across my face.

"not nothing" he said "i can tell something more is going on, you've been acting strange for months"

he knows something...

what?

"i have not" i replied sharply

"deny it all you want but the way you've been acting is odd. you disappeared the night Dumbledore died and didn't speak to anyone all summer and now you disappeared for 2 & 1/2 months to run around with harry potter" he spat

"i didn't disappear. narcissa was ill and then i went to help harry stop my father" i argued

"the second one may be true but we both know the first one is bullshit" he argued back, his eyes were swimming in frustration.

"you know something about Dumbledores death that you won't tell anyone" he declared

"no i don't" i denied

he sighed and just looked at me.

he wasn't buying it. i wasn't selling it.

i hated lying to my friends.

"you expect me to believe you have nothing to do with any of your father's actions. your his daughter for fucks sake!" he exclaimed

"I'm well aware of who my father is and what he's done but you know damn well i have no choice when it comes to what he tells me to do" i yelled back

he stood there silently for a moment.

he knew the topic of my father was my breaking point.

"and is that why your personality has completely flipped over the last 2 years?" he questioned "you used to be comforting and likeable but now your just closed off, argumentative and cunning"

"fuck you theo" i snapped as i turned away from him

"yeah well fuck you too, but i will find out what's going on" he threatened as i walked away.

i didn't want to go back to my dorm.

i didn't want to deal with pansy and alinas pressing questions.

as selfish as it sounds i needed to get away.

i could feel my mind spinning uncontrollably and my palms were sweating.

all i'm trying to do is protect the people i love.

i found myself sitting outside on the hill in the ice cold rain.

it was sort of refreshing.

the cold water stung against my skin as i laid down in the damp grass.

it felt as if i was slowly going insane.

who knows. maybe i was.