🌺MAUI TO CALIFORNIA🌺

Kaila's POV
(2002- 17 years old)
---------------------------------------------------
I huffed as I walked through the front door to the house. I kept my eyes on the ground so after I locked the door and turned to see my parents looking at me from the kitchen scared me.

"Oh my god. Oi oh weh" I sighed calming my heavy heartbeat. "Sorry. I had to cover a last minute shift. Kanoe wasn't feeling good and no one else wanted to cover so they asked me to. You know I can't say no to Uncle Kaui" I explained while taking my shoes off. I currently work at one of my uncles gyms as a trainer, which is also the same place I train at.

"That's fine. Wasn't to worried, we know you can handle you self.
Go shower and what not then come eat. I making saimin (ramen)" my mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Yes. I starving" I huffed then went to my room.

(I just found a random room on Pinterest

(I just found a random room on Pinterest. you can imagine your own room or a different one if you want)

I put my bag and shoes down then went went to my bathroom.
I showered and changed then went back to the kitchen. My mom was putting the food in bowls when I arrived.

We sat down and began eating.

"So. Anyting new?" I asked as it was VERY quiet. My parents looked at eachother then looked back at me. "What is it?" I asked starting to become suspicious.

"You like it here? You like how your life is right now?" My mom asked pushing her bowl away and looking at me with a serious look.

"I mean, yeah. It gets boring sometimes when you do the same ting everyday. But I love it here. It's our home. Why would you ask me that?" I answered confused.

She sighed before answering, "Me and dad were offered a really great job" she explained. "That's great. Is it close by?" I asked then the realization hit me. "Is it on a different island?" I asked slightly worried.

"No. Well, yes but no. Its one big ass island" she sighed trying to lighten the mood but stopped when saw I wasn't laughing. "It's on the mainland" she sighed as she looked down at the table.

"What?! Th-the mainland?" I asked to make sure I heard her correctly. "I know it's a big change but it will be great. We will get paid good money and we can visit when ever. You can still train and go to school and work. You won't know anyone but dad has some friends who have kids around your age" she quickly answered.

"I know it will be hard but who knows, maybe you'll like it" my dad added but it sounded more like a question.

I was quiet for a bit thinking about everything. "So? What do you think?" Mom asked worried.