you inspired me

The next day I woke up to a knocking on my door

The next day I woke up to a knocking on my door. I could tell by the three bangs that it was Oliver's.  

I hummed, hoping he'd let himself in since I couldn't be bothered to move.

"Good afternoon Elle..." he said, ensuring to exaggerate that it was no longer morning.

I let out an audible groan, "hello."

"It's one in the afternoon, are you napping?" He sent me a smile, but I could tell he was worried about my mental state. To be fair, I don't blame him.

"It's just a nap Oliver's," I returned his smile, hoping to reassure him.

Oliver's nodded, he didn't look convinced though, "Elle... you have a visitor."

Huh?

I shot up and jumped out of bed with what I assume to be a confused look on my face, "who?"

"Your mother, she's downstairs..." he cleared his throat, "do you want to see her?"

Not really.

"Yes."

He nodded, looking over at my shoes, hinting at me to put them on. I quickly got the gist and got myself ready, attempting to straighten out my hair but it was too matted to do anything with.

As we left my room Oliver's stopped in his tracks, turning to face a brunette lady, "have you met Enya yet?"

My eyes met hers and I couldn't help but notice how she looked at me. It was strange, although it shouldn't be. She looked at me as if I were a human being rather than a piece of glass, ready to shatter at any given moment. She sent me a teethy smile, her hand extending out as she wanted to shake mine.

"We haven't met yet..." she spoke, her tone sounding like she could be the voiceover for a Disney Princess.

I shook her hand, throwing her a smile, "I'm Elle."

"It's lovely to meet you Elle. I'm one of the nurses here. Listen... Dr.Oliver has a couple of meetings now, would it be ok if I took you down to your visit?"

I peered over at Oliver's who had his head dropped to the floor. I know his character. I know he feels as though he is letting me down.

"I would love that!" I smiled at her, returning my hand to my side.

Oliver's quickly perked up a little, looking at me with a grin, "amazing. I will see you after Elle."