no chance

I'm pretty sure Oliver's was oblivious to whatever was going on between Billie and I yesterday

I'm pretty sure Oliver's was oblivious to whatever was going on between Billie and I yesterday. Honestly, he just seemed ecstatic that we had both made a friend that wasn't him.

I ended up going straight back to my room after that. Although she did nothing wrong, I didn't want to be alone with Billie again. I have some shit to figure out first. Shit like the nightmares, and the feelings I have for Billie.

I'm struggling to make sense of it all. Yesterday, it really felt like we were about to kiss. Surely not though. I'm straight. Billie is straight. There's no way, not a chance in hell. I'm probably confusing my feelings. I mean, Billie is a really good listener. No one has ever listened to me like she does. That must be it. It does feel different with Billie though... way different to how it feels with Nancy. I definitely do not want to kiss Nancy. What am I thinking? I don't want to kiss Billie either. But I did. In that moment, I did want to kiss her. I can't help but wonder what would've happened if Oliver's didn't burst into the room. I wish I could understand it all. None of it makes sense to me.

"Elle?" I heard a familiar feminine voice.

I sent Enya a smile, internally thanking her for snapping me out of my thoughts.

She came over and sat on my bed, a look on concern on her face as she noticed my bleeding cuticles, "is everything ok?"

I quickly nodded, "bad habit."

I watched as her eyes scanned my lunchtime tray, noticing none of it had been eaten. Before she could question me, I attempted to reassure her, "not hungry."

Enya's hand landed on my back and she rubbed gently. I could tell that she was worried about me. She didn't need to be though. It's an off day. Ok fine, it's a few off days but I'm human. Humans have off days.

"Why don't you go outside for an hour?" she exhaled a sigh, clearly unconvinced.

I thought about her idea for a moment before deciding that it was probably smart to get out of my prison cell, even if only for an hour.

With that, we both stood up. Enya quickly helped me fix up my appearance, taking my hair brush and carefully combing out the knots. Enya is a soft person. You know when you meet someone and can just tell that they have a heart of gold? That's Enya.

She walked me to the garden, repeatedly apologising for not being able to sit with me. I told her not to worry each time though. Enya is a nurse, her job is demanding and I understand that.

"Ok Elle..." she wore her usual smile, "I will see you later."

I sent Enya a nod, waving her goodbye til she was out of sight. People like her, they really do give a shit. It's refreshing to see.