let me in

"Elle

"Elle..." I heard, my body gently shaking side to side.

I only hummed in response, still half asleep.

Do you remember that feeling as a child? When you're bundled up within the safety of your blankets, sweetly dreaming since your brain is too innocent to torment you. Everything is so warm, so peaceful. But then your parents come in to tell you it's time to wake up, time to get ready for school. That's how it felt. Exactly like that.

I felt another delicate shake, along with her hair tickling my face, "Elle, wake up!"

"Ok..." I groaned, still unaware of my surroundings, "I'm up."

"Come on," she said before something soft hit my arm.

Opening my eyes, I saw her. She stood with an innocent smile, her hands clasped together in front of her as she bobbed on the spot impatiently.

"Where are we-" I started but was quickly cut off by Billie hushing me, her pointer finger pressed firmly against her lips.

I wasn't entirely sure whether I was dreaming or not. Either way, it didn't matter. I wanted to go with her, awake or not.

-

We tiptoed through the empty corridors, Billie taking lead. She cautiously checked around each corner, sending me a nod of confirmation before continuing on our mission.

I found it strange- no staff in the hallways. I didn't question it though, I couldn't even if I wanted to. I had to keep my mouth shut.

We reached a new corner. Billie checked as usual but this time rather than a nod she shook her head, the look in her eyes telling me go back, and so I did. We backtracked for a minute until we reached a door. Pulling out her bobby pin, she unlocked it with ease and pushed us both inside.

Once hidden, she let out a cute laugh, ultimately causing me to giggle along with her, "he's due his smoke break in like two minutes..." she informed, referring to whoever she saw moments earlier.

I nodded in response, feeling like I was part of the FBI.

We were looking at each other, our faces just inches apart. It felt like we were the only people on earth, just me and her. Elle and Bil.

I felt her hand grab mine, our fingers interlocking and with it an explosion of butterflies fluttering around my stomach. Billie directed us back to where we almost got caught, ensuring to triple-check the corridor before sending me the all- clear nod.