Chapter 13

Location: Wayne Manor / Time: 1:20 pm

"Jason...." Began Tim while walking into Jason's room, "We have to talk." Jason followed Tim. Dick didn't like where this was going.

Location: Wayne Manor / Time: 2:30 pm

After a few moments of explaining, Dick tried to break the tension in the room, "I'm very sorry..." Dick was immediately cut off from his sentence.

"You're lying!" Yelled Jason standing on his bed with his hands in fists.

"No, Jason I'm not. I'm sorry it happened." Apologized Tim.

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" Giant tears began to form in Jason's eyes.

"It's going to be okay Jason." Dick was about to pick Jason up, but Jason smacked his hands away.

"No it's not!" Jason ran out of his room and slammed the door behind him.

Bruce entered around the time and looked at his other sons.

"Me or you?" Asked Tim.

"Me." Sighed Bruce.

Location: Unknown Island / Time: 2:30 pm

"How long does it take to make another de-aging ray?!" Shouted Joker stamping his foot impatiently.

"First off, I'm fixing the old one. Second, you broke the first one, so now I have to rebuild it." Stated the Scientist.

Location: Wayne Manor / Time: 3:30 pm

"So I'm hero called Red Hood?" Asked Jason sitting in Bruce's lap.

"Yes." Bruce gave a small sigh.

"And I kill people?" Jason looked scared.

"I'm afraid so." Bruce said looking away not being able to face his son.

"And I died?" Jason held his stomach.

"Yes, Jason we didn't want to tell you to soon we thought you wouldn't understand." Bruce explained.

"That's not why I was mad." Jason said looking at Bruce.

"It wasn't?" Bruce raised his eyebrow.

"No, I was mad that you lied to me about my parents being alive." Then more tears sprung up in Jason's eyes.

"That's something I wish I can fix more than anything." Bruce looked down in shame.

"Daddy, can you make sure I don't kill people when I'm a grownup again?" Jason asked looking deep in Bruce's eyes.

"I can't be sure, but I can try." Bruce nodded.

"Knock knock, can I come it?" Asked Dick peering in the doorway.

"Yes." Replied Jason sniffing a little.

"Jason I'm sorry that I lied, but your parents do love you." Said Tim following after Dick.

"And I'm sorry, too... For whatever I did that I have no clue about." Puzzled Dick. Jason smiled.

"Hey remember when we promised we take you to the park?" Smiled Tim.

Jason nodded, "Yes."

"How about we do that today?" Tim asked.

Jason smiled. Tim took Jason from Bruce and they headed downstairs.

"I feel bad I had to tell him." Sighed Bruce.

"He was eventually going to find out." Said Dick.

Location: Gotham Park / Time: 4:50 pm

"Higher Tim! Higher!" Laughed Jason. Tim pushed his little brother on a swing.

"Hey Tim!" Called familiar voice.

"Hey Barbara!" Waved Tim. Tim stopped the swing and picked Jason off of it.

"Why did we stop?" Asked Jason.

"Jason this is Barbara a friend of mine." Explained Tim.

"Hello, most people call me Babs." Barbara, who was wearing a white t-shirt, running pant, and shoes, bent down and held her hand out for Jason to shake.

"You're pretty." Smiled Jason as he shook Babs' hand.

"Well thank you." Barbara giggled.

"Hey Jason do you want to go down the slide?" Asked Tim.

"Yes. Can Babs play too?" Jason asked grabbing Barbara's hand.

"I don't think..." Tim was interrupted.

"I would love to Jason." Smiled Barbara. Jason smiled and ran to the slide.

"That's nice of you Babs." Grinned Tim.

"Bruce told me what happened. Is there anything to do that I can help with?" Barbara asked.

"Yes help us track down whoever did this to Jason." Tim frowned.

Barbara nodded in agreement.