Chapter 3

I made my way into the rec room where of course, Lieutenant Seresin and Coop were there, as well as Bradley and Natasha. I completely ignored them as I made my way over to my usual table. I have got to ask my dad if I can study somewhere more secluded. I sat down, pulling out my stuff and getting to work. I felt eyes on me and looked up to find Natasha and Coop both looking at me while Bradley and Lieutenant Seresin were having a conversation. Natasha offered me a smile and I gave her a small one back before turning my head back to my work. They all continued their conversation as I worked through my essay. I was so concentrated on my work, I completely missed someone else coming into the room. "Miss Blair?" I looked up, seeing the Lieutenant from earlier standing in front of me. "Yes?" I asked confusedly. "Admiral Blair wants to see you in his office." Fear clenched my heart. Did Dr. Nieman call him? I nodded and stood. "Okay. Thank you." I went to walk out of the room as he followed closely behind. "Um, you don't have to follow me." I said and he shook his head. "Admiral Blair instructed me to escort you to his office. I am more scared now than I was before. I stared at him for a moment before he motioned me ahead. I walked ahead to dad's office. It felt like the hallways were getting longer and longer.

When we finally arrived, the Lieutenant knocked on the door, opening it when there was a grunt on the other side. I stepped through, seeing my dad in his desk chair, staring out his window, clenching his fist. "Lieutenant. Leave us." My hands trembled as the Lieutenant left and fear ran in my veins. After yesterday I didn't want to be alone with him. He terrified me. "You know, you've never been the perfect daughter." Tears sprung to my eyes at his words. "But running out of class is unacceptable." I hung my head out of habit, not wanting to see the look on his face. "LOOK AT ME!" I jumped as he banged his fist on his desk. I looked up to see him staring at me. "I have put you through school. I have fed you, clothed you, given you a nice home. But the thanks I get is you running out of class, not only embarrassing yourself, but the whole family!" I held my breath and willed the tears away. "We have a reputation to uphold! And it will not be tarnished because you got your feelings hurt! Do you understand me?" I nodded quickly. "Use your words." "Yes, sir." I squeaked out. "But that's not why I called you in here." I furrowed my brows in confusion. "Word travels fast on a naval base, I want you to remember that." He said menacingly as he stepped around his desk as I still looked at him in confusion.

"So tell me why, you thought it would be a good idea to go sleeping around with my men?" His voice was low, and almost a growl. "What?!" My hands shook as they ran through my roots. "I-I did-" He held up his hand, which was trembling. "Stop talking." I bit my lip, tears streaming down my cheeks. "I swear I didn't sleep with anyone! You have to believe me!" "SHUT UP!" I jumped back as his voice boomed around the room. "You will not go around spreading your legs and seducing my men!" I shook my head as I clenched my hands to my chest. "Dad, you have to believe me!" I sobbed, startled as his hand connected with the same cheek as yesterday. My glasses flew across the room, and I reached out trying to find them when my dad crouched down, wrapping his fingers around my neck and forcing me to face him. "You stay away from my men, especially Lieutenant Cooper and Lieutenant Seresin since they seem to be your favorites." I shook my head in his grip as I cried. "I didn't! I swear!" He tightened his grip on me. "DON'T LIE TO ME!" He yelled. "NO DAUGHTER OF MINE WILL BE A WHORE!" He said as he shoved me to the floor. I cried there on his office floor as he went and sat back in his office chair. I attempted to catch my breath, slowing my cries before sitting up and grabbing my glasses. Once I slid them on, I could make out the angry look on his face as he stared at me. "Get the fuck out of my office!" I turned and grabbed the door handle, swinging it open and running out.

I rushed to the bathroom down the hall, closing and locking the door so I could cry in peace. Who the fuck would tell him I was sleeping with anyone on base? I haven't had sex in almost two years and definitely not with anyone in the navy. That must have been what that Lieutenant had to tell him. At the realization I swung the door open and looked around. He wasn't in sight, so I decided to take a stroll around the base. After half an hour I found that same Lieutenant headed for the hangars. "Hey!" I called, making him turn to me. "We need to have a talk." He stood still as I approached. "Who the hell told you I was sleeping around base?" He glared at me. "It's just a rumor I heard." I crossed my arms over my chest. "Who the hell started it." I held his stare for a while. He was trying to intimidate me but after a minute he gave in. "Lieutenant Cooper." I spun on my heel, marching away. "SON OF A BITCH!" I rushed back to the rec room in hopes he was still there. As I approached, I saw they were all still in there. I shoved the door open, letting it bounce off the wall, startling everyone. "How fucking dare you!" I yelled, staring Coop down like a predator. "How dare I what?" He asked with a smirk. "You think you're funny? Going around, telling everyone I slept with you and a bunch of other men?" I asked as I slowly stalked towards him. "Woah, what?" Lieutenant Seresin said as he sat up. "Sit back down, I'll get to you in a second."