I

'The second you graduate you're out of this house!! You cause nothing but problems since the day you could walk. No one likes a failure Genevieve! No fucking one. Oh quite the act, what are you crying for, your not a baby so shut your damn cries up and act your age'

❦𝓖𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓮𝓿𝓮❦

Kicking the Little Rock's that scatter around the pavement I exhale a long sigh thinking about the conversation I had gotten away from to past time until I reached school.

I haven't really had a nice, loving home life since I could form sentences; Even before then I'm sure it wasn't pretty and that makes me glad I can't remember my toddler years from my point of view.

My siblings aren't around at all given the fact I haven't seen them since I was 16, so about 3 years from now? I'm pretty sure they left and went to another state maybe another country. The oldest used to talk about going to Denmark, but she had quickly changed her mind to Italy or South Dakota?

I understand why they left as soon as they were able too though, our parents are abusive manipulators who will try everything to tear you down.

I try and try everyday to make them proud or to at least receive any amount of a good reaction from my parents but it's never enough, I'll just never be enough.

Doesn't help knowing they want me out as soon as I graduate which is only 2 weeks from now and I have no idea where to go.

20 minutes earlier

"M-mom please you can't do this to me?? At least let me have time to find a job, dad pleasse y- you can..can't."

Why don't they love me?

Scoffing my father finally speaks up "I doubt you could get a damn job with your incompetent ass. We tell you to do our laundry, cook us food, run our errands and you can barely do that? And even if you were able to get a job no one would want a whore around their business"

"W-what? No dad...you don't mean that, why would you even say something like that" I sob out.

Fuck this, My mother says.

'The second you graduate you're out of this house!! You cause nothing but problems since the day you could walk. No one likes a failure Genevieve! No fucking one. Oh quite the act, what are you crying for, you're not a baby so shut your damn cries up and act your age.'

Wiping my tears I look up to my mother getting ready to open my mouth to rebuttal but I'm interrupted when I feel a sharp sting across my cheek leaving me stunned; Bringing my hand up to grab my face she harshly grabs my wrist getting closer when I can practically feel her breath hit my face. She lets out a quick threat before pushing me out the door and slamming it in my face.

'If you tell anyone about this, I'll kill you'.

Present

I was so lost in thought I didn't even realize I made it onto school grounds until someone was waving their hands in front of me.

"I've been trying to reach you for days Eve, you had me worried sick."

Clearing my throat trying to get rid of any evidence that I was crying I look up to see my only friend Nadia. She had a bright smile on her face while wearing an all black tracksuit with her hair in Single braids that's in a high bun.