II

"Genevieve

"Genevieve...hun that doesn-" Mrs.Iynova says but not without trying to get a better glance at me and reaching her hand towards me. Unfortunately for me, I let out a small yet noticeable flinch.

Slowly retracting her hand I look down finding my black platforms interesting all of a sudden. They do help with the extra height and they're comfy so a win is a win.

"Who did this to you little love?"

I'm not sure if I should answer truthfully and face the consequence later, lie and face the consequence later or just ignore the question.'

And the lucky winner isss three.

"We only have 20 minutes until lunch starts miss and I don't want to waste the others education"

Good thing we have a minimum week...so we only have 35 minute classes. I know other districts in Cali is different but I'm glad with the one I have.

Looking up I can tell she is definitely not pleased with me curving her question- I was sure it'd work though.

"At the end of the day come straight back here because we are finishing this conversation Gen. I can't help you if you don't let me hun; I won't hurt you and I won't let anyone else hurt you either, but you have to tell me the truth"

I know deep down I want to tell her the truth but I can't, not until I'm financially stable because I will not let myself be in the system but with my parents around that's not happening.

They love to let me know how I'm a mess and can't even succeed in getting a job when it's them keeping me back threatening me by being home at a certain time and restricting me from going out and to places.

Heels clicking against the floor bring me out of my mind as I see her coming closer to me looking straight into my eyes. We just stand there not
moving or saying anything until she finally gestures me out.

'I'm so tired'

As soon as I reach my desk I lay my head against it blocking out the loud chattering from the students which means the room we were just in had to be something done to it because I didn't hear anything until the door opened, and it's overwhelming.

I can feel her glaring but realize she's not directing it towards me but at the noisy students. She makes sure to lock the door to the room we came from when she turns around glaring at the class but when her eyes catch mine she gives out a small smile before looking around again with a disapproving look.

Her throat clearing makes everyone turns towards her direction finally noticing her presence going quiet.

"You guys are adults and almost adults yet still don't know how to act? I take a student to talk leaving a quiet and collective class to work and come back to y'all acting like you're in the 6th grade?" She spoke out as she walked back and forth finally making her way to her desk.

Whenever she gets serious it always makes me want to do better, even if it's not me she's correcting.

"I wan't everyone but Genevieve to have 6 paragraphs on why misbehaving will get you nowhere, Adam is excused since he's the only mature one who was focusing on getting his work done rather than yapping." She tells the class letting out an eye roll.

'Here we go with the questions, I can just feel it.'

Syenna is the lucky winner today though. Raising her hand she turns to glare at me and she starts asking why and I quote "the depressed one gets special treatment"

"All I'm saying miss is she always acts like she needs saving, the freak can barely go a day without crying" she lets out laughing.

'And that is my cue to bury my head in my arms on my desk.'

"Excuse you? I'm not sure if your other teachers let whatever that "front" you got slide, but that shit isn't happening in my class nor with me. Now that that's established you can start apologizing"

'Despite her helping words I'm not coming out of my hiding spot.'

Hearing Syenna scoff she doesn't seem fond of that answer."I- In front of the whole class?! And why should I apologize to that?"

"You made a scene in my classroom Syenna, obviously you're gonna apologize the same way. Now apologize so I can stop wasting my time with you throwing a fit because you're miserable"

I peak up my head to see her looking pissed given the fact it's been 5 minutes and no resolution has been made and Syenna doesn't look like she's gonna budge.

Her gaze follows mines before steering off to her apology.

"I'm sorry you're a big mess who can barely manage a day without her friend in shining armor wh-"

"GET THE HELL OUT OF MY CLASSROOM"

That seemed to wipe the smirk off Syenna's face and have the whole classroom shift in their seats, hell even I felt uneasy hearing her voice raise that loud. I didn't even notice her walking towards ms.Miserable until her voice range out again.

Crossing her arms she leans down so she reaches her face "I told you to leave my classroom and you're not moving fast enough for me so I suggest you pick up the damn pace before I help you myself."

Scoffing Syenna mumbles under her breath but does pick up her pace before bursting through the doors slamming them shut.

'Seems like I ruined another day.'