Sun Wukong x Goddess!Wife!Reader

{In this particular oneshot, reader is referred to with she/her pronouns as requested. Reader has the features of a red panda. 

The initial request was : a Sun Wukong x Red Panda/Goddess of Animals/ Wife Reader from 

Key 

n/n = nick name

 In terms of timeline, this is during season 1, ep 1. Normally I'd default to headcanons if nothing specific in terms of format is requested, but my brain is cooking something rn. Something.}

 It was early in the morning, with you and your husband tangled up in a round of cuddles. The two of you were in Wukong's shack- the one he rarely ever used, and that shadow monkey he seemed to dislike often snuck into. It'd been a long night, the two of you having stayed up for quite a bit.

Well, more so that Wukong had stayed up for quite a bit, insisting you stay on Flower Fruit Mountain with him rather than head back up to the Celestial Realm. For you, taking on the form of a red panda meant that you were, well, mostly active early in the morning, and late in the night. When did you sleep? 

In the middle of the day. Mostly.

At one point you just hadn't gotten any sleep at all, but that changed when you met him. 

You kept your eyes open for a bit, ruffling Wukong's fur before resting your tail on his chest. The Monkey King opened his eyes, squinting a bit before reaching up with his hands. He caressed your cheeks, then slowly made it so his fingers were circling your eyes.

"Heh. Boba eyes." He chuckled, looking up at you with his golden eyes.

You sighed, chuckling as well. "Another... mortal food?" You questioned him, looking at him. Your husband had recently developed this sort of habit of ordering food from mortal restaurants, with a new one being Pigsy's Noodles. The habit(along with eating lots of peaches of the mountain) had given him a bit of weight. A, 'dad bod' as they called it.

While you certainly weren't complaining about his dad bod(a pillow is a pillow, ain't that right?), and appreciated the food, you had gotten a bit worried about that city. The one he'd defended some while ago.

"Darling." You muttered with a sigh.

"Hm?"

"You.... have been watching over the old city,..... right? The one that's called 'Megapolis' these days..?" 

He paused. That wasn't too good now, was it. Surely he hadn't left the city alone without any type of defense?

"Ah- well," Wukong started, raising a finger. "There is this kid that could be a pretty good apprentice!" He exclaimed with a grin.

"So you're going to put a... child, on a battlefield?" You questioned your husband. He'd done many.... things before, all of which were rather wild. It was here where you had to question his morals and his alignment though.

"What? No!" He sat straight up, looking at you with an expression of mock betrayal. "The kid's an adult, but a kid to us, y'know??" He added, making an attempt to be convincing.

You scoffed, lightly tapping his nose. It made him do that little thing where he scrunched up his nose. Cute. "More like to you, honey." You playfully replied, smiling.

Wukong stretched, wrapping you up in a warm hug, his tail wrapping around yours. It was a bit difficult, since his was more thin and yours was bushy, but it was manageable. It'd taken you off guard the first time he'd done it, but at this point it was a regular thing for the two of you. Plus, your tail was more bushy than thick(referring to the actual tail rather than the fur), so there.