Chapter 5: The Truth Escapes

WORDS: 6759

HARUMI'S POV:

"Harumi. From what you have just told us, your Mother was an elemental master. She had done a ritual to pass her elemental powers to you. I assume she was the Elemental Master of Light."

I stare at him wide-eyed. My jaw was open. How could I be the Elemental Master of Light?

I shrieked, "What?!" I then took an excited but horrified breath, "I don't even know if I was dreaming or if what happened with my mom was real! What if I was dreaming?"

"That golden light that shot out of your hand wasn't a dream, Rumi. I was there when it happened. Even the gangsters saw it. You couldn't have been dreaming." Lloyd assured me.

I stuttered, "But how could my mother have elemental powers? I'm thinking I just dreamed that whole 'ritual' up! I was just a little girl back then and really, 'golden light bouncing around me'! I dreamed that all up."

I was still processing what Zane had said. That wasn't true it wasn't. I can't be an elemental master. No one in my family was.

ZANE'S POV:

When the Princess told us her story of the 'silly ritual' she had remembered doing with her Mother, I carefully listened to all the steps she listed. Of course, it had been quite a few years since that had occurred, so her account may not be accurate, but it was worth noting down. From my findings and digging through my Ninjago History Archives, I found that it was an ancient way of passing down elemental powers to a person or their child. The book was named, 'Transferring the Elemental Power: A Guide'. My sensors had scanned through this book and found the exact steps the Princess had listed. From this, I was able to make an inference that Harumi's mother had transferred her elemental power to her daughter.

"Princess," I began. "As you were recounting your story about you and your mother, I was digging through the Ninjago History Archives and discovered a book that was called, 'Transferring the Elemental Power: A Guide'. As I scanned through the book, it listed the accurate steps of what you had said so far. As such, I could conclude that your Mother was an elemental master believe it or not. I understand you are shocked. I am weening that your Mother may have been the Elemental Master of Light and—"

"Weening?!" Both Kai and Jay had exclaimed.

I turned to them and responded, "Yes. Weening: to think or suppose. Weening is the gerund or present participle of the word ween."

Jay and Kai together burst out laughing crazily as if it were the funniest thing ever.

"Oh my gosh! You— You know what weening sounds like, right Kai?" Jay laughed out.

Kai responded clutching his sides, "Yes, Jay, yes! It sounds like—"

"Kai! Jay!" Nya roared. "If you don't let Zane continue, I swear that I will revoke your video game privileges and steal all your hair gel, Kai."

Jay and Kai looked mortified. The Princess looked confused but also amused. Lloyd was embarrassed that this had happened in front of Harumi. Cole on the other hand looked like he had wanted to join in on the laughing with Kai and Jay, but did not so he would not get his video game privileges revoked.

"Please, please go on," Kai insisted.

Jay nodded his head up and down quickly, "Yes, please. Don't let us interrupt you."

I gestured to both of them letting them know that I was ready to continue stating my idea.

"As I was saying, Princess," I said.