Chapter 10: Revealed

WORDS: 17, 338

HALT'S POV:

This was going swell. First, I was kidnapped by a rogue Samurai and left gasping for air as she suffocated me and jumped off the flying ship. I swear I saw my life flash before my eyes. I could barely breathe as it grasped me hard. To make it even worse, my little murder of a daughter jumped down to try and "save" me without a plan. I suppose I might've been to fault for her little stunt as I yelled her name. We made eye contact briefly as Samurai X jumped off and I could see the little girl inside her jade-green eyes— the ones that so clearly resembled her mothers. The ones that I missed so dearly. The ones that I wished to see again.

I saw the little girl who witnessed the death of her mother. I saw the little girl who witnessed the lifeless body of her mother. I saw the little girl who witnessed the abusiveness I laid upon her. I saw the little girl who longed to have her family together once again. I saw the little girl who didn't want to be alone without her family. If she lost me, she would be forever alone. 

As she landed on the mech, she held a sword in her hand. She began to try and stab it inside of the machine to make it malfunction. She was failing miserably. It was quite amusing for a bit of time, to say the least. Watching her put effort into stabbing a steel machine was beyond entertaining. All she was doing was scratching the paint of the mech. I supposed the ever-so-valiant Samurai X might need a new paint job once the murderous girl was done with it. Perhaps a pop of color could be of new addition. 

Once she landed I had myself yelling at her immediately, "You idiot!"

"Excuse me? I'm trying to save you," She angrily replied, breathlessly wedging her sword.

I scoffed in amusement, "Right. How is scratching her paint supposed to save me?"

What entertained me, even more, was her inability to reply. If we weren't falling to our doom, perhaps I would be laughing out loud right now. I would even be teasing her for her incompetence. Once again as she stabbed uselessly at the mech, it seemed Samurai X had enough. She took hold of the girl in the other hand. 

If I were able to smack my face, I would, but I yelled, "Maybe if you thought about it, you would've had a plan! Now we're both caught."

"Well sorry! I should've thought of a plan in two seconds before I jumped off," She apologized sarcastically.

I nodded in agreement, knowing it was sarcasm, but decided to give her the benefit of the doubt, "Precisely, you idiot!"

"I should've never jumped down, you worthless monster. You're a piece of trash!" The girl roared angrily. 

I suppose the fact that we were falling to our dooms was having something on my mental health because I bursted out laughing upon hearing her little "insult."  

I laughed crazily, "That's the best you could've come up with? I'm somewhat offended. Next time choose a nastier word."

If gazes could cut through diamonds, the girl falling to her death along with me would ultimately succeed in that task. She gazed at me with a non-amused expression. 

Suddenly, we both saw a clad-green figure jumping from the flying ship. I immediately saw the girl's features light up as she laid her eyes on him. Right, of course; the damsel in distress. She knew no better. After all, she grew up in the palace. The palace held numerous secrets, some of which even I didn't know. Along with Lloyd's added weight, the mech began to descend even faster. He carefully climbed closer to the cockpit of the mech, where the infamous Samurai X sat.