Chapter 11: Captured

WORDS: 17,326

COLE'S POV:

They had Harumi. The Sons of Garmadon had all three of the masks. They took the Bounty. They left us here with this giant crab-thingy. And on top of that, we were in the middle of nowhere with no ride back to Ninjago City. Lloyd looked like he was about to have a mental breakdown, and little Wu was over here screaming excitedly at the giant crab-thingy as it began to escape from the ice encasing it.

"We can't fight it again!" Jay cried.

Kai yelled back, "So what can we do?" He grunted as he almost got sideswiped by the creature, "And why is it so aggressive?"

"Maybe it was never aggressive in the first place," Nya replied. "What if we provoked it?" She questioned quickly while holding the little Master.

The crab-mutated thing continued to try and swing its large pinchers at us and growl as it began to corner us all.

Lloyd nodded, "I think Nya's on to something! What's one of the first-ever lessons Master Wu taught us?"

"The best way to defeat your enemy is to make him your friend," We all replied in sync.

Suddenly, the little Master ran towards the large creature and hugged it with a lot of force— although it was nothing since his body was small compared to the huge beast. The crab stopped in its position and didn't attack us or Master Wu. It stared quietly at us. It was no longer hostile or aggressive. The small Master Wu continued to run around the creature excitedly.

Nya smiled, "I think we have our ticket back to Ninjago City."

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ  ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

It didn't take too long to get back to the central part of Ninjago. The journey aboard Crabby was quite draining, to say the least. It was bumpy, we were hungry and thirsty, and it was unbelievably humid as we left Primeval's Eye. Fortunately, we had Zane. He was able to get us all the way back to Ninjago with no problems at all. Although we were all starving and severely dehydrated, we had more pressing matters to get to.

On the ride to Ninjago, Lloyd was currently having a mental breakdown while Kai and Nya were comforting him and mumbling some encouraging things such as, 'It's not your fault,' 'Nobody knew,' and Kai added, 'If anything, we're all to blame for falling for that fucki- I mean nasty Emperor's word.'

Kai was right. It was incredibly stupid for us to automatically believe that Harumi was the Quiet One. We should have never assumed that it was her just from that one recording. To be fair, we were all panicking. We knew that the SOG members were right on our tail and the fact that we heard that recording the moment they arrived didn't help our stress levels. To add to Lloyd's current stress, he informed us that not only was Halt going to bring back his father, but Harumi's mother as well. It didn't make sense, however. Together, the three Oni Masks could only bring back one person from the Departed Realm. How was he to bring another person back, we did not know. We had to find out as quickly as possible.

We arrived at the Ninjago City Police Department as planned and we quickly hopped off Crabby. I closely watched Lloyd's face as he recollected himself and placed the facade of calmness all over his grief and stress-stricken features. There was an officer walking towards the glass doors and he stopped as he saw the reflection of the crustacean creature in the glass doors.

"Uh..." The officer gasped.

Kai grinned smugly, "Is the Police Commissioner here?"

The officer nodded staring into the beady eyes of our new friend, Crabby. We all jumped off of our friend and made our way to the doors of the station. I held our little Master tightly.