DREANCHED with/in HIM

Nandani
♡♡♡

I woke up not with the sun's rays flashing on my face, but with the honking of cars outside my window on the road. It disturbed my sleep once again. Not a single day goes by when I can get proper sleep. Why do people have to go so early? They don't have a relax chill button in their lives. I threw the pillow away and sat on the bed, rubbing my eyes. But something strange and unexpected caught my eye - a guy in my room, towel wrraped arround him. I wondered where I had bumped my head. No, Nandani, you can't have sex now atleast. I rubbed my eyes again to see, but the man was still there, applying moisture to his body. He turned back and smiled. "Sairat," the only word that escaped my mouth. What is this actual fuck? He came closer to me, leaning in on my face, just moments apart.

"I've tasted it all night, believe me, darling. It's the best thing I've licked in my life," he whispered in my ears. My eyes widened in shock at his words. I stuttered,

"What do you mean?" He chuckled and looked into my eyes.

"Your lips, darling," he said, gesturing his eyes down. I looked down and realized.  I instantly scremed and looked up, but he wasn't there. Fuck, it was a dream. I must be daydreaming. Oh God, save your child.

I rested my butt on my desk as my colleague, Radhika, noticed me and pulled her chair towards me.

"So, how are you, darling?" she said. My annoyance increased.

"Stop calling me that," I yelled loudly, seeking everyone's attention. nodded and apologized.

"Okay, relax. Anyways, did you study the case you got yesterday?" she questioned. It clicked in my mind - yes, that case. I nodded.

"So what did you conclude? Are you going to take up this case?" she asked.
"Of course, yes! Why wouldn't I?" I blurted out excitedly, seeking everyone's attention again. They gave me surprised and weird looks.

"Good luck, Nandani. I hope you win," Radhika sighed and went back to her own place. I frowned and took the file again, starting to read.

"By the way, Ravi Khanna is your opponent in this case," she stated. My confidence decreased because Ravi Khanna is one of India's best lawyers, and I'm only good at the state level. But wait a second, why is he taking this case? I questioned myself and looked at the file again. 'Ah', now I realize and let out a small laugh. Mr. Gadiwal, the accused, has been charged with murder and rape. And that too of a minor. Wait, what? A minor, a sixteen-year-old girl. Was I drunk last night that I didn't notice these things?

"May I come in, sir?" I sought permission. The man, in his 50s, gaze up and stared at me from top to bottom. I internally rolled my eyes. Now I'm used to it. He hummed in response. I took the seat in front of him. I looked beside me, and the man was staring at me, one finger on his chin, rubbing it. I turned my gaze back.

"So, Mr. Ravi, this is your opponent, Miss Nandani Raichand," said the person in front.

"Yeah, I can see that, Dubey ji. Hello, Nandani ji. Nice to meet you, myself... whatever you say," he said in a flirting manner, extending his hand for a handshake. I joined my hand with a smile.

"Hello, Ravi ji. Nice to meet you too," I replied. He chuckled.

"Jis thaali mein khaati ho ussi mein ched karti ho," he said out of the blue, raising my eyebrows. I looked at him again.

"What do you mean by this?" I questioned.

"Gadiwal called you for a ceremony to award you with the best lawyer of the state tag, and you not only spoiled his party but also went against his brother today. Tch tch," he stated. I analyzed his words and stood up with the file.

"Say the same thing when your daughter, Kruti, faces the same thing," I stated, and I marched towards the door unitil He interrupted, thinking he would be burning and would realize his mistake, but he didn't.

"My Kruti is not like a sixteen-year-old Nandani who killed her uncle," Ravi stated. My breath hitched, and my heart stopped beating for a few seconds. He directly hit my insecurity. I didn't say anything and left the room, slamming the door. Tears were continuously falling down my cheeks.

I barged into the car furiously. What he said is still lingering in my head, and my biggest regret is that I didn't reply to him, didn't fire back. My thoughts were interrupted suddenly by a honk, and I wiped my tears and joined the lane.

It usually take half an hour to reach home, and it was already night. Rain was pouring down from the clouds. It felt like even the skies were hurt by someone or might be in grief over someone. My thoughts were spaced out, and suddenly I felt turbulence. My car slipped on the road and bumped onto the side lane. Thanks to God, I'm not a bad driver and know how to control it. I went out and glanced at the situation. I sighed because my tire had burst all of a sudden. I looked around with an umbrella in hand, but no one was around. Then I saw a flashlight and stepped forward, showing my thumb. The car stopped, and I knocked on the window.

"Umm, excuse me. Can you help me? Actually, my car tire burst, and I don't know how to fix it. Will you drop me home? My house is just a lane away from here," I said and waited for his reply. The window slid down.

"Sairat," I said loudly. He chuckled.
"Nandani, what a coincidence," he said. I facepalmed.

"Come inside. Don't stand there," he said. I nodded and sat inside.

"We're meeting again for the third time. Congratulations," he said. I chuckled.
"To you as well. But will you help me? My car tire just burst suddenly," I said with hopeful eyes.

"Yeah, just like this cloud that bursts suddenly," he replied.

"Wait, let me check," he said and went out. I didn't get a chance to say anything. He drenched himself in rain. It took a minute for me to realize what was happening. I saw him observing my car and taking out the keys to open the trunk. He took out the spare tire and started fixing it. I went out immediately with the umbrella and stood over him.

"Hey, let it be. I'll call a mechanic. He'll fix this tomorrow," I said.

"It's just a two-minute job. I can do it. Thanks for the shelter, by the way," he chuckled and continued tightening the screws and mounting the tire again, letting out tired groans. I was seduced by this alone, even in this condition. Wake up, Nandani. He's here to help you, not to seduce you.

He stood up, cleaning his hands, and turned to me. And there, I melted in all possible ways. He was drenched, his wet white shirt clinging to his broad, creamy chest. Strands of wet hair were all over his face, a mix of sweat and rain drops on his face. He waved his hand in front of him.

"Checking me out, huh?" he questioned. I came back to my senses and put the umbrella over his head, leaving myself drenched in the rain. He chuckled and grabbed the umbrella, partially sheltering me. His hands on me, an additional point.

"Pabo, come on, let's get inside," he said, and I nodded, obeying him as if I would do it for the rest of my life just for him. He flicked his hair, shrugging off the water, while looking in the mirror. And there he was, my mirror, I had never looked in a mirror this carefully and for this long. His every action was a reaction on my side.

"Where do you live?" he questioned, looking at me. I pointed straight ahead, and he drove us towards it, chuckling.

Thankyou for reading