TANGLED IN FATE

♡♡♡

Nandani was engrossed in reading the file when something suddenly dropped on it. She flinched and looked up to see Radhika standing there with a frown on her face.

"What's this now, Radhika?" Nandani questioned.

"See for yourself," Radhika replied, handing Nandani an invitation. Nandani's eyes widened as she opened it.

"Fuck, you're getting married, Radhi!" Nandani exclaimed excitedly, a smile forming on Radhika's face. Nandani immediately hugged her.

"Congratulations, babe! When and how did this happen?" Nandani asked, breaking the hug.

"Yesterday," Radhika replied proudly, showing off her engagement ring. Nandani admired it.

"Wow, congratulations again! It's so beautiful, yaar," Nandani said.

"Kabir is throwing a party today and invited all his friends. I want you to come, please don't say no," Radhika pleaded with hopeful eyes. Nandani chuckled and cupped her face.

"I can't say no to you, yaar. I'll be there. Just text me the address," Nandani said, and Radhika nodded.

Later that evening, after a tiring day with case files, Nandani rested her head on the sofa. Her phone buzzed with a notification, and she picked it up, eyes widening again.

"Woah, my reports are negative! Thank God, I was worrying unnecessarily. Now I don't need to meet the doctor," Nandani said to herself, a shy smile spreading across her face as she unknowingly thought of Sairat's smile and handsome face.

  Glancing around the area, Nandani checked her phone to make sure she was at the right place. Just then, her phone buzzed with Radhika's call. She picked up immediately.

"Hello, Nandu, where are you? I'm inside," Radhika said.

"I'm outside, Radhika. I don't even know if this is the correct place," Nandani replied.

"Wait, I'm coming," Radhika said before ending the call. She was about to go, but Kabir stopped her.

"Where are you going, baby? I want you to meet my friends," Kabir said. Radhika gazed his friends.

"Um, Kabir, my friend is outside. Let me just bring her here. She doesn't know-" Radhika started, but Kabir interrupted her.

"Sairat will bring her here. Please meet my friends. They've been waiting for you," Kabir requested. Radhika looked at Sairat, who was scrolling through his phone, one of Kabir's friends.

"Yeah, I can do that favor for you. Enjoy yourself. I'll be right back with your friend," Sairat said with a smile. Radhika nodded and left from there.

Nandani was waiting outside the club for Radhika. Sairat eyes fell on a person wearing a dark green dress, and he felt a strange familiarity. He approached.

"Excuse me, are you Radhika's friend?" Sairat said politely. Nandani turned around, they faced eachother with astonishment.

They entered the club, laughing and looking around for Radhika. She approached them and said.

"You took so long to find her, but that's alright. Thank you, Sairat."

"No problem, glad I could help, Sairat replied.

So, Nandani, this is Sairat-" Radhika started to introduce them, but Nandani cut her off.

"I know him," Nandani replied. Radhika looked at Sairat to introduce himself, but he also interrupted.

"I know her too, bhabhi," Sairat said.

"Great! Well, myself Radhika Dixit, marrying Kabir Dixit," Radhika announced dramatically. They all chuckled, but Kabir called Radhika from afar, and she went to him.

"What a pleasant surprise, meeting again and again," Sairat started a conversation with Nandani. She simply nodded.

"Um, by the way, thank you for helping me that night," Nandani said.

"You've already thanked me, no worries," Sairat replied. Silence fell between them, and he thought about breaking it.

"Let's have a drink," he suggested. Nandani nodded, and they went to the bar. He was about to place their order when the waiter interrupted.

"I know what you prefer when you come with gorgeous ladies," the waiter said with a sheepish smile. Sairat akwardly chukled and nodded. Nandani's brain clicked as she realized that he often brought different women to this place. She concluded that she wasn't special to him, just another woman to taste his tequila  Sairat noticed her expression and waved his hand in front of her face, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Are you alright, Nandani?" he questioned, placing her drink on the bar stand and resting a hand on her shoulder. She immediately jerked away and sipped the whole drink and left from there with thousand thoughts running in her head. Sairat frowned in confusion.

"Should I make another drink, sir?" the waiter asked. Sairat looked at him and nodded. Nandani was infront, but far away from him, her  gaze were down on her thighs. His gaze couldn't leave her as he planned to approached her.

"What happened to her? Is she okay? Her reports were normal too, she must have received them. Should I ask or leave her alone?" thoughts ran through Sairat's head. Suddenly, he noticed some boys approaching her, taking a seat beside her, as if they were seeking attention. However, she ignored them and gave a victorious smile to him. It seemed strange.

But it didn't stop there. One of the boys placed his hand on her thigh, sliding it up her dress. Sairat clenched his jaw, ready to march over to her. But before he could do anything, Nandani stood up, jerking the boy's hand away and smashing a wine glass on his face, gaining everyone's attention. Gasps and widened eyes filled the area as Sairat, Radhika, and Kabir ran over to her. The boy groaned in pain, holding his head.

"Nandani, are you okay? What happened?" Radhika questioned.

"This piece of shit thought he has pleasurable d'ick for me, Fuck off, asshole!" Nandani yelled, spitting in the boy's face one last time before leaving the area. Everyone was in shock, and Sairat chuckled before running after her, assuring Radhika.

"Nandini, wait! Nandani!" Sairat called out loudly, but she increased her pace. He lost his patience and grabbed her hand, pulling her towards. Their gazes met, one filled with confusion, pride, and worry, and the other with anger.

"You want the same treatment?" Nandani sternly said.

"I didn't do anything like him, but I'm really impressed by your move," Sairat clapped slightly. Nandani scoffed and turned away, ready to leave. He followed her.

"Will you at least tell me where you're going?" Sairat asked.

"None of your business," Nandani yelled.

"It is... Radhika asked me to take care of you," Sairat revealed. Nandani's mind clicked at his first words, but her confusion returned as he mentioned someone asking him to look after her. She stopped and turned back, wiping her face.

"I'm fine. There's no need to worry about me. Just leave," Nandani calmly said.

"No, I'm not leaving. Radhika trusts me," Sairat denied.

"Fuck off with your trust. I don't care. I'm not a kid. I'm an adult woman," Nandani yelled. Sairat observed her behavior and sighed, pulling her close and resting her head on his chest. She calmed down as his heartbeat drain out the anger from her heart and mind. They stood there, and he slowly intertwined his fingers with hers.

"Calm down. It's fine now," Sairat said softly. Nandani closed her eyes as tears rolled down her cheeks, falling onto their tangled hands.

Thankyou for your