ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ; ᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢs

"Up. Get up!" A woman's voice demanded making Harry open his eyes.

A woman stood next to the stairs, knocking rapidly on the little door under the stairs where Harry's room was as the woman unlocked it.

"Now!" She banged the door once more before turning around and walking into the kitchen, shutting the door behind her.

Harry sat up on his elbows, pulling on the pull-switch making the light turn on before the boy grabbed his glasses, sitting up and putting them on.

A boy around Harry's age ran down the stairs but stopped mid way before going back up a few steps as he then jumped on the stairs hard.

"Wake up, cousin! We're going to the zoo with the Decker's!" The boy yelled, dust falling into Harry's spot by the jumping the boy was doing as he went to open the door.

The boy ran down the stairs, laughing as he pushed Harry back in and closed the door with his foot while going into the kitchen and shutting the door behind him.

The door opened again with Harry coming out with his hand on his head.

"Here he comes, the birthday boy." The same woman cooed, Harry walking into the kitchen where the rest of them were.

"Happy birthday, son." A man's voice congratulated.

The woman was smiling and giggling while she shook her head with her nose hitting her son's. The man sitting at the table. The woman looked at Harry when he walked in.

"Why don't you just cook the breakfast, and try not to burn anything" The woman bitterly instructed, Harry moving in front of the stove.

"Yes, Aunt Petunia." Harry spoke, continuing his aunt's food as she had her hands over her son's eyes, walking him to the living room.

"I want everything to be perfect... for my Dudley's special day!" Petunia gushed with joy while Harry moved to the counter, holding the spatula and pan.

"Hurry up! Bring my coffee, boy." The man demanded.

"Yes, Uncle Vernon." Harry quickly put the food on the plates.

Petunia took her hands off her sons eyes, clasping her hands together as her son stared at all the presents in front of him.

"Aren't they wonderful, darling?" Petunia asks, smiling at her son who only looked at his father.

"How many are there?" Dudley questions.

"36. Counted them myself." Vernon answered proudly.

"36?! But last year-last year I had 37!" It wasn't hard to know that Dudley was spoiled. Harry shook his head as he poured his uncle some coffee.

"B-But som-some of them are quite a bit bigger than last year's." Vernon defended.

"I don't care how big they are!" Dudley shouted with anger.

"Oh, no, no, now. This is what we're going to do.." His mother intervened, crouching in front of him. "Is that when we go out, we're going to buy you two new presents. How's that, pumpkin?" Harry watched with slight annoyance.

"It should be a lovely day at the zoo. I'm really looking forward to it."

"Oh, Walter!" Vernon waved to his neighbors.

Walter Decker. The man who lived with his wife, Cadenza Decker, his son, Bernard Decker and his niece. Rowan Parker.

Upon the name Harry turned his head seeing how Bernard was rushing into the car while Cadenza had grabbed Rowan's jaw, forcing her to look at her as she wiped makeup on her cheek.