7. ᴇɴᴄʜᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴄᴀʀꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ᴛʀᴇᴇꜱ

BAD OMENS

BAD OMENS

007. ENCHANTED CARS AND KILLER TREES

the chamber of secrets, third-year

───── ⋆⋅ ⋅⋆ ─────

AN: I'm in love with Kaya Scodelario as Helena.

LUCY'S SUMMER had been a quite busy one. The teachers at Hogwarts had given them a lot of holiday work. One of the essays, a particularly nasty one about shrinking potions, gave her a headache. On the good side, though, it gave her an excuse to send an owl to Cedric before school began.

A week before school started, she and her friends met at Diagon Alley to do their shopping together for the next year.

"You did what?!" Helena yelled as Fred and George told them the story of how they had rescued Harry Potter with an enchanted car. 

"We stole dad's magical flying car and rescued him from those horrible Muggles," George said. "Honestly, it's not so hard to understand what we are saying."

"Your dad has a magical flying car?" Lucy asked, still in shock. "How?"

Fred shrugged, "He bought a Muggle car and enchanted it. Like George said, not so hard to understand."

"But he works on The Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office!" Lucy pointed out the obvious. "He is doing the opposite of his job!"

Fred laughed. "Yeah, Dad's crazy about everything to do with Muggles; our shed's full of Muggle stuff. He takes it apart, puts spells on it, and puts it back together again. If he raided our house he'd have to put himself under arrest. It drives Mum mad."

"Have you lost your minds?" Mary asked. "You could have been expelled for using magic outside of Hogwarts."

"We didn't use magic!" Fred defended themselves. "We only borrowed a magic car."

Helena placed a hand on her face, "Good God, you guys are insane."

"You should have seen Harry's house. He was in a room with bars on the window. Those people treat him like a prisoner," George said. "We were helping him get to freedom."

An uncomfortable silence befell, all of them thinking the same thing -- Harry was just a kid, he didn't deserve to live like this.

"On a completely different subject," Mary said. "Did you notice the amount of Gilderoy Lockhart's books they asked us to buy?"