9. ꜰᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴘɪᴅᴇʀꜱ

BAD OMENS

BAD OMENS

009. FOLLOW THE SPIDERS

chamber of secrets, year three

───── ⋆⋅ ⋅⋆ ─────

AN: I'm in love with my Mary Ollivander.

BACK HOME, Lucy had a very difficult time focusing on anything other than Cedric Diggory. She wanted to pay attention as Mason described what he had been doing in Florida, but all she could do was imagine what he was doing for Christmas.

She had only shared the news of her first kiss with three people: Mary, who was almost jumping up and down with excitement; Helena, who muttered "Took him long enough," and Caroline who was yelling, "OH MY GOD!" With her eyes comically widened. "I'm so jealous of you!"

Lucy chuckled. "I can't wait for you to meet him, Care."

"Is he cute? Do you have any pictures?"

Truth be told, even though Caroline was indeed very jealous, she was welcoming the distraction. Having Lucy home was always amazing, but this time, with her parents getting divorced and her father running off to live with another man, it was almost a blessing.

"What are you talking about?" Tyler asked, joining the two of them at the Mystic Grill.

"Nothing," they said at the same time.

The boy scowled. "You are horrible liars."

But while she felt like a normal girl with Caroline — talking about boys and first kisses — back home, Mason and Moony were worried. And seeing the two of them concerned made Lucy realize the severity of what was happening in Hogwarts.

"What is the headmaster doing about these attacks?" Mason asked over hot cocoa.

"Nothing that he has shared with the students," Lucy replied. "But we think we know who did it," she said and proceeded to blurt out their theory. She explained the entire Dobby ordeal and how they thought Malfoy was responsible.

Moony shook his head, "It couldn't have been Lucius who opened it for the first time. He was in Hogwarts a few years before me and there were no attacks."

Fidgeting, Lucy said, "People think Harry is the heir."

"What?!" Moony jumped out of the chair. "Why?"