000. ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ & ᴛᴇᴀꜱᴇʀ

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Hi!

If you are new here, please just skip this very long note and jump to the snippet if you want.

To my old readers, this is a letter to you.

I think I owe all of you an explanation.

I have been writing this story since 2020, and some of you have been with me from day one.

In the first version of Lucy's story, she was meant to end up with Klaus. And I wrote a dozen chapters describing their relationship before figuring out that she and Elijah would also be a perfect match.

In my head, Lucy and Kol was the next logical step. If we have two, why not make it three?

But Lucy's scenes with Kol always felt too forced. I don't know how to explain it, but it never felt right. And all along, there was this voice inside of my head telling me that there was someone much better for Kol to end up with — Fred.

The scenes I wrote between the two of them were pure chaos, in the best possible way.

It has always bugged me to let them go. I created Cassandra as a replacement for Kol, but she always felt flat to me.

This book has gone through a lot. It was, once upon a time, called Who Puts a Baby in a Basket? It was later Torn. Back then, all of HP scenes were written as letters.

But then I wrote Lucy and Elijah's first kiss, and the overwhelming guilt that Lucy felt. She ran to London, and in the scene where she talked to Fred and George, I realized that they needed soulmates too.

That was how Helena and Mary were born. But to write them in, I had to re-do all of Hogwarts. In the process of trying to figure out a very complicated puzzle of who should be with whom, I created Louis. And I fucking love him, even though you haven't seen the best of him yet.

But then, there was Fred. As I said before, Cassandra was created out of a necessity to have someone for Freddy. But no matter how hard I tried, she always felt flat to me.

Meanwhile, something happened to me. I lost someone I loved eight months ago. Writing became an obsession because it was a way to let out all of my pain. I never published the things that I wrote back then, because it was incredibly raw.

Lucy and Annabel (another character from a different book) became outlets for my grief. When I was finally ready to post what I had written, I thought that to make it all fit, I had to make Lucy be only with Klaus — I now know I was incredibly wrong.

Once I realized there was room for Elijah, I started  editing some of those scenes. And while I did that, I found myself thinking that Lucy and Kol were meant to be platonic. I was missing Kol and Fred, and I know I promised to stop making major changes, but I can't get them out of my head.

So, I made a decision. I am going to be removing Cassie from the story. I realized that all of her scenes were simply Helena's. I spent so much energy trying to make her work that I didn't realize that I was sacrificing Helena's storyline in the process.

So Lucy will be with Nik and Elijah, and her relationship with Kol will simply be platonic.

I have no words to express my gratitude to all of you for sticking with me through all of this craziness and complete lack of consistency.

As a token of my appreciation for your support and patience, here's a short snippet of a scene that I love.

All of my love,